Warner Brothers Discovery's digital arm, Global Customer eXperience (GCX) org is a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. In supporting our content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Discovery+ and HBO Max.
We are excited to be recruiting a Software Development Engineer III to join our NYC iOS/tvOS team.
As a Software Development Engineer III, you will work within a team of engineers to deliver new customer-facing features across our iOS and tvOS App. Ensuring these are delivered on time and meeting the high quality standards we have within our teams. You will work closely with other engineers and your manager to plan future sprints for new features and bug fixes.
To be successful in this position, you should have a strong understanding of iOS and tvOS development as well as extensive test driven development experience. You have demonstrated the ability to use common industry tools for software development including but not limited to IDEs, build and continuous integration, source control management, code review tools, and you are able to build software in a professional team environment delivered to production using these tools. You are able to provide technical documentation describing your contributions and contribute enhancements to your team's best practices. This is a great opportunity to drive key initiatives, build a high-performance streaming application, working with geographically dispersed Engineers to deliver critical projects and new app architecture. There will be opportunities to mentor and coach junior engineers.
• 7+ years of programming experience
• Minimum of 3 years of iOS and Swift experience is required. Experience building consumer apps is a must.
• At least 1 year of experience in a tech leadership role is preferred
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent communication skills, working with multiple stakeholders (internal and external partners) with different goals, objectives and aspirations. Effective communication and strong negotiation skills will be key.
• Provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices. Knowledge of large-scale application architecture, design, scalability, testability, implementation and performance tuning.
• Recommend technical developments and software to enhance/improve our app or the developer experience.
• Mentor junior engineers, overseeing their designs, code quality, and integration into a team.
• Responsible for a team's execution and delivery against agreed objectives and goals.
• Desire to be involved in cross-platform projects on a large scale in 10+ countries.
• Experience building dynamic customer-facing apps that use RESTful APIs to operate. Hands-on expertise in disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience in modern DevOps/SRE practices such as CI/CD, performance monitoring & incident management.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of key design and architectural patterns such as MVVM, MVP and SOLID principles.
• Experience and knowledge of Test Driven Development and associated frameworks.
• Knowledge of or previous experience with VOD is a plus, including experience working with video playback on iOS/tvOS apps.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $142,800.00 - $265,200.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1w6vx-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.