Staff Software Engineer - Fullstack Development (MSC Team), Bangalore
Staff Engineer / Fullstack Developer, Bangalore
About Warner Bros. Discovery:
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines Warner Media's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com
Meet Our Team:
The Rights Systems Engineering team builds applications and services that manage contractual rights of Warner Bros. Discovery's television, film, and sports portfolios. A key component of the Warner Bros. Discovery global content supply chain, rights systems ensure that the company maximizes content utilization while respecting contractual limits.
We're looking for a developer who can help lead our growing team in Bangalore. We need a development leader who is comfortable turning product requirements into thoughtful design and architecture, serving as a senior resource for other developers as they build software components. The SDE III needs to be both a strong individual contributor in coding and a thought leader for the development team in Bangalore.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• You play a leadership role in your area. You are known for your subject matter expertise in one or more software engineering specializations
• You have a platform-wide view of the solutions that you build, and you consistently think in terms of architecture
• You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning.
• You have built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production.
• You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs.
• You still actively seek input where appropriate and engage your team to inform and share what you are doing.
• Your team trusts your decisions, designs, and code.
• You provide mentoring to other engineers.
• You can describe and defend your design and code decisions to other engineers, embrace constructive feedback, and adapt your approach to align with team and company standards and objectives.
• You offer enhancements to best practices, document, design, and architecture improvements, and as feedback through code reviews to other engineers without continuous prompting or recurring encouragement. Other engineers appreciate your feedback.
• You can troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace etc. to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it.
What to Bring:
• 9 - 13 years, high proficiency and technical leadership with technologies on our stack including Java (Spring), NodeJS, AWS, SNS/SQS messaging, Oracle & Postgres, React & Angular, Bootstrap, Docker deployment via Jenkins or Spinnaker.
• You have a proven track record of designing and building applications for media workflows, media catalogs, and asset registries
• You are a full-stack developer, comfortable with both back-end services and front-end UI development.
• You drive best practices and set standards for your team.
• You have acquired subject-matter expertise over one or more production software systems and demonstrated a pattern of shipping high quality feature changes in that or those system(s).
• You solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
• You deliver high-quality results the first time and improve code, documentation, and results with each iteration. Your team trusts your work.
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ppq7-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.