Warner Bros. Discovery's DTC technology and product organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery's continued growth, building world-class products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
We are hiring Senior Software Engineers to join our team in Burbank, CA. The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment in making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers.
About the team
The Trust and Safety team is responsible for providing a rich portfolio of privacy, fraud and abuse prevention solutions to end customers wherever they are located across the globe. These global solutions range from privacy compliance services for consent management, individual rights request management to client and server-side fraud and abuse detection and prevention tools. The Trust and Safety team is responsible for integrating these services and tools into a global, multi-tenant, direct to consumer product platform.
The Trust and Safety solutions are business-critical, top-tier services that cannot afford any downtime and must be highly scalable with prime-time events with millions of viewers.
• You play a leading role in designing and developing major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers. You make good decisions when to build new and when to extend existing. You are known for your subject matter expertise
• Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exists.
• You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code. You may have experience in more than one language and understand the fundamentals of software engineering well enough to learn new languages and frameworks when the need arises.
• You understand a broad range of data structures, algorithms design, and know how, when and when not to use them. You can evaluate run-time performance and understand how to trade off performance using a variety of algorithm and data structure approaches.
• You are comfortable advising others through code reviews, design reviews, and feedback on operational excellence. You are also comfortable receiving feedback and using it to grow as an engineer. You recognize that good ideas can come from anywhere, and work to make all your peers feel included and heard. You deliver facts and decisions with empathy and transparency to bring others along with you.
• You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment in making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers and your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
• You can troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace, etc. to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it. You can identify root causes and identify learnings to improve both development processes and system design.
• 4-7 years of experience developing solutions in Java with proficiency in Java development frameworks, including but not limited to Vert.x and Spring Boot. Experience with NodeJS, Golang, Python are a plus
• Experience in backend software development, building micro services, event driven architectures/solutions
• Demonstrated ability to use common industry tools for software development including but not limited to IDEs, build and continuous integration, source control management, code review tools, data storage services, and cloud infrastructure, and you are able to build software in a professional team environment delivered to production using these tools.
• Experience using version control, package management, and build systems such as Git, NPM, Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Grunt
• Familiarity with a range of database technologies, encompassing both SQL and NoSQL options, including DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, and Postgres Aurora.
• Usage and deep understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS services
• Proficiency in working with GraphQL and REST APIs
• Experience building, operating, and owning services. Implementing operational excellence mechanisms including alerting, metrics, and logging using Prometheus, CloudWatch, Kibana, PagerDuty
• Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance)
• Experience with frameworks such as gRPC, ReactJS, AngularJS is a plus
• DevOps experience (AWS preferred) architecting, configuring cloud technology stacks (Compute, Network Security, API Gateways, VPCs, CDNs, Kafka/MKS, Kubernetes, Fargate/EKS, Jenkins configuration, CI/CD configurations etc., is a plus.
• Demonstrates good software development practices in several areas, with improvement over the time expected. Provide technical documentation describing your contributions and contribute enhancements to your team's best practices
• Ability to work with minimal instructions on day-to-day work, able to consume and self-start with general instructions on new assignments. Participates in an inclusive and supportive engineering culture.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpyeke-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.