Senior Software Engineer (GMS Team), Bangalore
Senior Software Engineer, Bangalore
About Warner Bros. Discovery:
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines Warner Media's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com
Meet Our Team:
GMS India team handles multiple services like AuthZ, MSS, backend APIs etc. GMS stands for Global Metadata Service. As the name suggests, it ultimate truth for all the data related to content metadata. AuthZ is internal authorization service which provides fine grain access control to various users to different internal systems of Warner Bros. Discovery, and MSS - is Metadata Syndication service which packages and delivers content metadata from Warner Bros. Discovery's direct-to-consumer catalog to various internal or external partners like set top box, cable tv across globe. This set of capabilities enables customer-facing features such as Universal Search and Electronic Program Guides for various distribution devices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• You are hands-on and capable of playing a leading role to design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers.
• As an SSE, you will have complete responsibility of implementation of individual modules/feature. You will collaborate with architects for design and scalability aspects.
• You provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
• You make high impact decisions driving how and what software gets built. Your decisions are often right, and you are persuasive in delivering your suggestions and ideas to your team.
• You mentor junior engineers, overseeing their designs, code quality, and integration into a team. Your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
What to Bring:
• 5 -8 yrs, Proficient in at least one programming language (Preferably Go).
• You are familiar in Reactive programming, asynchronous, non-blocking backend engineering languages like Java, Go, Node JS, etc.
• Also familiar with Spring/Express framework (or any other Java frameworks), writing highly scalable engineering backend services and messaging services like Kafka, SQS and others.
• Experience with one or more of: RDS, PostgreSQL and MySQL, Caching solutions (such as Redis and Guava), etc.
• Knowledge of, and professional experience with most AWS services, and deeper knowledge of EC2, S3 and CloudWatch.
• Usage and understanding of Docker and Kubernetes. Experience with Terraform or similar technologies is a plus.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w595-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.