Your New Role…
The Senior Revenue Accountant role is a member of the networks distribution revenue accounting team and is directly responsible for processing, reconciling and maintaining a portfolio of US/Canada based affiliate accounts which includes but is not limited to: processing remits, billing, account reconciliation, financial & trending analysis, and preparing and reviewing journal entries. The Senior Revenue Accountant will interact regularly with a cross-functional team of internal and external stakeholders, including partnering closely with the finance team that supports the distribution revenue area.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Perform monthly Revenue/Subscriber reconciliations and analyses. Prepare complex entries and supporting documentation. Research complex accounting process issues and recommend solutions. Monitor Affiliate compliance with new and existing legal agreements. Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures. Articulate areas of specific concern with management appropriately.
• Analyze historical data to recognize and monitor relevant trends. Prepare and communicate detailed analyses to management.
• Produce ad hoc analysis to service interdepartmental customers
• Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience…
• 2-4 years prior work experience in an accounting or finance role
• Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Accounting or finance related field from an accredited university
• ACCA certified, CPA or local equivalent a plus, but not required
• Experience working with US GAAP/IFRS requirements, especially in ASC 606 revenue recognition strongly preferred
• Experience preparing internal controls under US SOX 404 requirements preferred
• Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking
• Proactive individual with a 'can do' attitude
• Proficient in MS Excel (pivot tables, lookup formulas, Power Query)
• Ability to understand contract terms
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently, and design/implement process improvements
• Highly organized and able to manage priorities effectively
• Must be detail-oriented and able to deliver on multiple timelines
• Experience performing accounting functions in SAP preferred
• Proficient in English
• contract of employment
• hybrid work model, flexible working hours
• free access to player.pl and Max
• benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, yoga, massages, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts, periodic movie shows in the office cinema room
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• casual dress code
• parking space available for booking
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d541y3-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.