Your New Role...
The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for: preparing daily, monthly and quarterly advertising revenue accounting in accordance with US GAAP and Company policies and practices; performing SOX controls; preparing relevant reports and schedules necessary for management and external reporting obligations; and other duties as listed below. This role will work closely with key stakeholders in FP&A and internal and external audit.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Handle day-to-day, month and quarter end close activities including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, balance sheet flux analysis, SOX control documentation, preparation of SEC Reporting deliverables, schedules, and other tasks as requested by management, ensuring all milestones and deadlines are met on time- 80%
• Perform revenue cut-off procedures at month and quarter-end including preparation of revenue accruals to ensure revenue is properly and accurately recorded for the period
• Cultivate strong internal partnerships with accounting, finance, and other business departments
• Utilizes strong analytical and problem-solving skills to perform review of accounts and revenue processes in order to foster a continuous improvement environment
• Other ad-hoc tasks as required
• Participate in professional development and other non-core business activities and initiatives
• Assist internal and external audit in their audit procedures as requested
• Be proactive about learning the business and upstream processes to ensure proper accounting and identify efficiencies
Qualifications & Experience...
• 4-6 years of work experience in an accounting role and an experience appropriate understanding of US GAAP and SOX 404 requirements
• BS/BA in Accounting from an accredited university
• Active CPA strongly preferred
• Big 4 Public Accounting experience a plus
• Prior revenue accounting experience (ASC 606) strongly preferred
• Experience performing accounting functions in SAP and People Soft preferred
• Advanced Excel and PC skills
• Quick learner
• Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
• Results oriented, strong attention to detail a must
• Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
• Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
• Embraces change driven by evolving business initiatives and maintains positivity when time-sensitive milestones shift
• Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization
• Legal right to work in the United States
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1ybb-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.