Your New Role…
The Senior Revenue Accountant role is a member of the networks distribution revenue accounting team and is directly responsible for processing, reconciling and maintaining a portfolio of US/Canada based affiliate accounts which includes but is not limited to: processing remits, billing, account reconciliation, financial & trending analysis, and preparing and reviewing journal entries. The Senior Revenue Accountant will interact regularly with a cross-functional team of internal and external stakeholders, including partnering closely with the finance team that supports the distribution revenue area.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Perform monthly Revenue/Subscriber reconciliations and analyses.
• Prepare complex entries and supporting documentation.
• Research complex accounting process issues and recommend solutions.
• Monitor Affiliate compliance with new and existing legal agreements.
• Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
• Articulate areas of specific concern with management appropriately.
• Analyze historical data to recognize and monitor relevant trends. Prepare and communicate detailed analyses to management.
• Produce ad hoc analysis to service interdepartmental customers
• Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience…
• 2-4 years prior work experience in an accounting or finance role
• Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Accounting or finance related field from an accredited university
• ACCA certified, CPA or local equivalent a plus, but not required
• Experience working with US GAAP/IFRS requirements, especially in ASC 606 revenue recognition strongly preferred
• Experience preparing internal controls under US SOX 404 requirements preferred
• Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking
• Proactive individual with a 'can do' attitude
• Proficient in MS Excel (pivot tables, lookup formulas, Power Query)
• Ability to understand contract terms
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently, and design/implement process improvements
• Highly organized and able to manage priorities effectively
• Must be detail-oriented and able to deliver on multiple timelines
• Experience performing accounting functions in SAP preferred
• Proficient in English
What's in it for you?
• Contract of employment
• Hybrid work model, f lexible working hours
• Free access to player.pl and HBO Max
• Benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• Work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, yoga, massages, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts, periodic movie shows in the office cinema room
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• Casual dress code
• Parking space available for booking
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv2bq7-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.