Warner Bros. Discovery Creative ANZ is a multi-award-winning in-house agency creating brand identities, on-air promotions, advertising, branded content and communications for consumer, trade and corporate use across a range of media - principally TV and digital – for Warner Bros. Discovery's Australia and New Zealand portfolio.
As the Senior Motion Design Manager, reporting to Design Director ANZ, you will lead and direct the motion team in Australia and New Zealand, producing premium quality creative design. You will be a design guardian for our brands, channel identities, platforms and promos.
You will thrive on developing creative ideas and pitching concepts to our stakeholders. You will be a collaborate person able to work closely with our Design Director and the wider creative team. You will be capable of building strong relationships with our programming, digital and marketing teams. You will have a strong reliable drive and be a trusted pair of hands to make sure projects are delivered on time and budget, to the best possible level.
You will love working hands on, as well as being able to inspire, motivate and upskill your team. You will foster an environment which is creative and supportive, all while making sure priorities are aligned with our brand's vision and business objectives. You will be able to work seamlessly with external partners and maintain a roster of best-in-class designers' freelancers and agencies.
• Manage and oversee the design direction of our family of brands and products.
• Own the design process, from setting and guiding art direction, to leading and implementing design.
• Hands on production of exceptional design work on brand and brief.
• Liaise with other creative managers and departments.
• Oversee and mange freelancers where required.
• Implementation and monitoring of brand style guides ensuring quality control of all usage.
• Capable of leading complex design projects.
• Effectively manage the graphics team's time and skills.
• Ensure work is produced efficiently and to deadlines.
• Keep abreast of new technologies, methodologies and design concepts and bring that into our production.
• Challenge the creative process in order to push boundaries and create better work.
• Professionally pitch creative concepts and ideas.
• Ensure the team works seamlessly with all parts of the business.
• Advise and work alongside the technology department to keep the systems up to date.
• Ensure consistent and frequent feedback to the Design Director.
• A solid understanding of brand, broadcast and digital streaming design.
Leadership / Team management:
• Show creative leadership to the design team, inspire and set the standard for creative output.
• Managing the overall output of the design team. Be responsible for having a clear sight across all creative work, providing constructive feedback and guidance.
• Manage your own and your team's workload across multiple projects and deadlines, ensuring they are properly resourced.
• Employ and manage freelancers and contractors when appropriate.
• Contribute to ongoing improvement in design systems, design frameworks, guidelines, workflows, processes and software.
• Work closely with the marketing team to establish accurate time estimates for design schedules on short- and long-term project campaigns to ensure both quality and efficiency.
• Ensure effective and consistent interactions with other departments including but not limited to: marketing, programming and promos to support the delivery of key projects.
• Work with the Design Director and business leaders to foster a collaborative, innovative, creative and enjoyable team culture.
• Coach and train the graphics team to improve skillsets and quality of creative.
• Excellent design and composition skills.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to direct and coach other designers.
• Ability to manage and oversee multiple design projects.
• Able to produce and communicate design concepts.
• Quickly get up to speed on the WBD portfolio and audiences.
• Skilled in pitching and idea creation.
• Dynamic self-starter with an evident passion for great design.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Diplomatic, pro-active and collaborative approach essential.
• Ability to remain calm and make good decisions under pressure.
• Contribute to processes to improve efficiencies and find cost savings.
• Have the ability to scope and size projects accurately and manage time and budgets.
• Skilled in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Cinema4D.
• Strong understanding of digital asset production.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4pk7q-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.