Reporting to the Senior Director, Media Procurement, the Senior Manager for Media Procurement, EMEA, supports category strategy development and associated initiatives for all media planning and buying subcategories for the company, with particular focus on core EMEA markets (UK, FR, GSA, Nordics, etc ). They are a subject matter expert in indirect sourcing with prior experience in procurement of marketing related spend categories, preferred. They proactively partners with business stakeholders in the Marketing function to develop category strategies and lead sourcing projects, enable specification definition and demand management, as well as managing supplier performance and innovation activities.
• Establishes strong relationships with key WBD stakeholders in Media and in Marketing, as needed.
• Builds a strong understanding of strategic business direction, objectives, requirements, and priorities across media planning and buying categories.
• Effectively works with functional and business groups as a trusted advisor to identify sourcing opportunities across WBD to deliver against media agency/supplier and media buying business objectives.
• Supports the development of global category strategy recommendations in a concise and persuasive fashion and leads implementation of the sourcing strategy (optimization, process enhancements, sole source or short-list negotiations, leverage added scope, competitive bidding, reverse auctions, etc.)
• Creates and implements regionally focused sourcing plans as needed.
• Is resourceful in obtaining relevant information for crafting new category strategies and supporting decisions within the category and/or sourcing engagements for the business unit.
Supplier Analysis & Management
• Conducts comprehensive agency/supplier analysis (strategic direction, financial health/risk due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
• Cultivates a comprehensive understanding of broader market and industry trends and dynamics.
• Develops and implements supplier relationship programs that cut across multiple WBD business divisions in close collaboration with key stakeholders.
Sourcing-driven Project Management
• Identifies and implements complex projects across divisions and territories. May involve outsourcing analysis and total cost of ownership considerations.
• Compiles and synthesizes both business requirements and external market conditions to develop optimal category strategy with full understanding of potential shortfalls and risk mitigation plans.
• Develops and assembles required Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP) as dictated by the relevant sourcing strategy and priorities.
• Leads the entire sourcing process, effectively guiding cross-functional teams in selecting partners that deliver best total value for WBD.
• Demonstrates consistent success in meeting or exceeding goals, timelines, and expectations for multiple projects that may be occurring simultaneously.
Financial, Cost, Spend Analysis
• Cultivates a deep understanding of the underlying cost and value drivers at the market, supplier and or subcategory level.
• Can apply various types of financial analyses to address challenges in new ways.
• Analyzes spending patterns to identify new opportunities for value creation.
• Collaborates close with Procurement colleagues and other functions (Finance, Marketing, etc.) to bring newly uncovered opportunities to life.
Negotiations, Contract Creation & Management
• Leads and develop negotiation strategies, contract analyses, sourcing communications and meetings.
• Possesses the experience and confidence to make well-judged decisions independently, which consider the short- and long-term impacts to the interests of the business.
• Collaborates with stakeholders and legal counsel to lead negotiations and contract coordination.
• Has the necessary business acumen to be thoroughly conversant in the intent and rationale behind contract provisions from a business as well as legal perspective, and acts as a liaison between the contracting entities, legal groups, and other parties as necessary.
• 3-5 years strategy, operations, and sourcing experience in a sophisticated sourcing environment. Demonstrated people management experience, preferred.
• Solid experience and subject matter expertise in marketing related categories, preferred.
• Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry is preferred, but not required.
• Must have proven project management experience, excellent communication skills, ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, and a team building work style for a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in working with business leaders in formulating and executing on business strategy
• Experience in working in a large, global, decentralized, and matrixed organization.
• Curious, passionate, self-starter, strong customer service orientation with the highest integrity and work ethics.
• Strong supplier management/performance measurement monitoring experience.
• Must be knowledgeable of, and experienced in, application of Strategic Sourcing best practices.
• Ability to deliver professional and effective communications, verbally or in writing thorough presentations that are persuasive, and result in positive impact on the business.
• Advance analytical skills and demonstrated application of category-specific best practices.
• Able to conceive, comprehend, analyze, translate, and apply complex business strategies/practices/requirements into RFXs & analytical/financial models.
• Strong project leader, emphasis on execution, multi-tasking & managing multiple priorities.
• Highly collaborative and agile team player.
• Able to gain trust, strong service orientation, impeccable customer focus with the ability to influence others.
• Self-motivated, works independently, minimal direction needed.
• Ability to manage multiple projects & tasks that may be occurring simultaneously with tight timelines
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob1pp-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.