Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
• T his position is responsible for managing/supervising the Accounting Function
• Lead Annual IGAAP and monthly GAAP book closing
• Lead and ensure timely audit closure (standalone and consolidated) in compliance with IGAAP, Ind AS
• Reviewing monthly expense, payroll and revenue entries; affiliate revenue & its collections
• Responsible for Balance sheet flux, Sox controls and reporting
• Assisting in improving existing Internal controls and procedures to be in line with Corporate Accounting Policies
• Lead debtors provisioning as per company policy
• Review and own manual invoicing and it's accounting as per local compliance
• Support in providing requisite details during direct and indirect Tax Assessments/Audit/ Secretarial filing
• Handle queries from various stakeholders in the organization
• Accurately handling reporting requests/questions received from various stakeholders.
• Responsible for Fixed asset, prepaid accounting and tax provisioning
• Review of monthly, quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and taking quick appropriate action
• Coordinate with other team members to reconcile identified variance, adjustments to be made.
• Responsible for IC reconciliations and funds settlement
• Responsible for working with tax team for intercompany transactions and handling Transfer Pricing segmental
• Handling System reports issues in co-ordination with technical team
• Responsible for bank reconciliation and its clearing and managing banking relationship and FEMA compliance.
• Assist in various global projects like accounting software migration to SAP and handling issues
Qualifications & Experience
• Chartered Accountant in accounting/finance and at least 12+ years of post-qualification accounting experience in international environment
• Must have strong practical and theoretical knowledge of IGAAP, Ind AS, Indian taxes and preferably IFRS, US GAAP, companies Act.
• Very good written and spoken English is a must
• Proficient and experienced in MS Office applications, command over excel in particular is a must
• Experience with enterprise information systems (SAP, PS)
• High Integrity team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work well with others and promote positive working relationships across the organization
• Motivated by challenging, high-energy, flexible environment. Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent and changing situations
• The ability to plan and prioritize workloads in order to meet deadlines is fundamental so too is effective time management of work flow in order to meet accounting deadlines
• Experience of handling team size of 2-5 people
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pj6k-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.