Your New Role...
The Sr. Marketing Director will report to the VP Creative and Marketing Strategy for CNN. This strategic thinker will work closely with the VP in the ideation, strategy and execution of all on and off-air campaigns. The candidate needs to have a strong knowledge of the media landscape including trends in print, on-air, digital, social, and experiential marketing. They will be responsible for understanding research in order to inform consumer positioning, develop strong and strategic off-air media plans, identifying strategic partnerships, managing consumer events and leading the teams behind the day/day management of these properties.
Your Role Accountabilities...
Managing major campaigns and daily operations, including ideation, writing of briefs, implementation of plans, mobilizing/leading teams quickly and effectively. Collaborate closely with media team to evaluate performance, plan strategies, and create and execute media plans. Act nimbly to innovate in all areas of media evaluation, planning, and targeting/optimization. Have a strong knowledge (and stay current) of the media landscape and how it applies to the CNN audience and campaigns. Establish close working relationships with other internal teams including programming, multi-platform, production, scheduling, research and communications. Work cross-departmentally with these teams to develop seamless successful campaigns. Working closely with research team to have a strong understanding of the CNN audience and how it applies to consumer behavior Provide thinking that challenges the status quo to develop breakthrough campaigns that drive awareness and tune-in. Inspire strategic thinking that ensures the brand continues to be bold and unique. Help to create and activate unique, strategic and effective partnerships for marketing campaigns. Strong project management skills to help keep track of creative elements, timelines and budgets. Partner with creative marketing counter parts. Manage small team in day to day responsibilities and career growth.
Your Qualifications & Experience...
• College degree, combined with 10+ years of marketing/advertising work experience in one of the following areas: broadcast or cable network marketing, advertising agency, or brand management.
• Demonstrated expertise with marketing concepts, creative development processes (working in print, outdoor, radio, TV, digital/social, collateral, and more) and impeccable project management are absolutely essential.
• Experience managing a team and budgets.
• Production management experience a plus
• Superior organizational and leadership skill.
• Direct experience in the consumer discipline, consumer promotion and entertainment industry
• Must have proven prior experience in 360 marketing.
• Knowledge of all aspects of promotions and its effective execution and measurement in current marketplace conditions.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
• Ability to formulate creative strategies, strategically assess executional options, think creatively and provide detailed follow-through on campaigns is required. Must be a highly organized, detail-conscious leader.
• Self-starter but collaborates well in a team environment
• Must also have a solid understanding of the dynamics of building partnerships for non-traditional marketing and promotion.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qn68-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.