Your New Role...
The Senior Cloud Security Engineer is a technology and process focused security professional with significant experience in the information security, cloud architecture and engineering, and DevSecOps disciplines. As a member of the cloud security team, the Senior Cloud Security Engineer will lead in the InfoSec functions of compliance enforcement through automation, environment assessments, policy shaping in an ever-changing security landscape, and providing guidance to product and IT teams for all public cloud related matters in AWS, GCP, and Azure.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Act as a highly technical cloud security Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the InfoSec department.
• Research, innovate, and design cloud first security solutions.
• Create design artifacts to enable members of the Cloud Security team to implement solutions (built in-house or purchased from vendor)
• Identify opportunities to reduce cloud security risk for Warner Bros. Discovery and lead the team in implementation of those solutions.
• Collaborate with senior management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term cloud security needs.
• Mentor junior members of staff.
• Review cloud architectures and advise development teams on strong security design principles.
• Provide advanced level IAM Policy guidance to enable product teams to shape least privilege access.
• Partner with DevOps and SRE teams to consult on secure cloud development practices and develop artifacts to help them integrate cloud security automation into their pipelines.
• Support development of SOAR solutions to solve gaps integrating security into cloud environments and participate in their response processes as a cloud SME.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to cloud security designs/configurations, processes, standards, and recommendations.
• Staying current with the latest cloud threat mitigation tools and techniques.
• Interface with Public Cloud providers to improve the security feature set of their products.
• Interface with cloud security vendors to evaluate features and determine proof-of-value.
• Maintain an awareness of cloud-costs and the cost implications of the security controls implemented.
• Provide guidance for security remediation to business and IT partners by demonstrating real, practical risk and value.
Qualifications & Experience...
• Experienced at leading technical teams in an Agile environment.
• Strong understanding of cloud-based infrastructure components with specific understanding of the security risks presented in a decentralized and hybrid environment.
• Broad understanding of information security and compliance risks, and how those apply to Public Cloud.
• Comfortable automating processes start to finish and can work closely with cloud solutions engineering and product teams to help integrate security into their existing processes.
• Core understanding of IP Networking, routing, VPNs
• Proficient in at least one scripting language (python, Nodejs, Golang)
• Hands-on experience with some the following:
• Docker and Kubernetes
• Developing & securing Serverless applications
• Security administration in AWS/GCP/Azure
• CI/CD and DevOps Tooling (Git, Jenkins, CircleCI)
• Infrastructure as Code tools (CloudFormation, Terraform)
• Command Line experience (Bash, Powershell, AWS-CLI)
• Cloud Network (VPC) engineering
• Cloud native security related tools (AWS Guard Duty, AWS WAF, GCP Security Center)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Remains productive while rapidly switching context.
• Thirst for knowledge and constantly driven to stay current with evolving threat landscapes.
Nice to Have...
• AWS Certifications – AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Security Specialty
• GCP Certifications – ACE, Other
• Security Product Engineering Certifications
• Previous Experience with Wiz, Splunk, Brinqa, Slack and Jira integrations
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv24nn-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.