IT Operations Shift Lead
Warner Bros. Discovery
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This role is a Sr. Cloud engineer that is a part of the Global Infrastructure Core Technologies (GICT) Cloud Team. This role directly supports infrastructure on behalf of several WBD business units. This includes new infrastructure development, migrations, support, and maintenance. You will be exposed to a variety of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and develop best practices for running applications in the cloud. You are not expected to exhibit mastery, but exposure to each of those technologies is a must.
This individual will have a background in either Linux Systems Engineering or Application Software Engineering and has experience in the public cloud supporting high-traffic, public facing web applications.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (% OF TIME):
1. Build, support & maintain cloud infrastructure for applications -60%
2. Automate deployment pipelines - 15%
3. Automate Infrastructure deployments - 10%
4. Implement and improve monitoring and alerting - 5%
5. Security compliance and governance assessments
6. Production readiness assessments - 5%
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.); AWS is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in and professional experience with DevOps fundamentals and Systems Engineering in Linux.
• Strong knowledge of automation methodologies, languages, and tooling.
• Solid familiarity with Systems Engineering, Operating systems.
• Networking concepts and Practical Systems Security required.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or relevant field.
• Cloud certification helpful.
• Understanding and operational awareness of AWS services and products (EC2, ECS, Fargate, VPC, SQS, RDS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, etc.)
• Capable of participating in topics related to web hosting architecture, such as high availability, CI/CD, performance analysis, scaling, SSL, local and global load balancing, caching, and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of containerization and orchestration – Kubernetes, ECS, Fargate and Docker
• Solid understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node, PowerShell.
• Working knowledge of Terraform and CloudFormation for building Infrastructure as Code.
• Strong Linux administration and engineering background. Windows experience helpful.
• Fundamental understanding of networking including CIDR notation, the OSI model, TCP/IP, DNS, Internet routing important.
• Research new service integrations both internal to AWS and external.
• Proficiency in developing and maintaining Terraform modules.
• Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis.
• Ability to solve problems independently but knows when to request assistance.
• Strong action orientation
• Contract of employment
• Hybrid work model (3 days from the office, 2 days from home)
• Free access to player.pl and HBO Max
• Benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• Work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, yoga, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• Training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• Casual dress code
• parking available for booking
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7nk2-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.