Warner Brothers Discovery's digital arm, Global Customer eXperience (GCX) org is a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology, Streaming and Entertainment. In supporting our content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands such as - DiscoveryPlus and Max.
We are excited to be recruiting a Senior Software Developer to join our Android team!
As a Senior Software Developer, you will work in collaboration with the other Android engineers in the org, Design creators, Product team and Program Managers, and help build exciting new features, fix bugs and take care of important technical debt. This is a great opportunity to drive key initiatives, build a high-performance streaming application, working with geographically dispersed Engineers to deliver critical projects and new app architecture. This is a role requiring collaboration that impact the full suite of Android platform apps (Android mobile, Android Auto, Android TV and Amazon's Fire family).
The successful candidate will be coachable, have strong coding skills, great attitude and willingness to learn.
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with equivalent experience
• Prior experience in Android app development; Production experience with Kotlin is a plus
• A minimum of 4y prior professional experience
• Excellent communication skills and understanding of Product requirements and priorities
• A clear understanding of testable, scalable and resilient products
• Recommend technical developments and software to enhance/improve our app.
• Opportunities to be involved in cross-platform projects on a large scale in 10+ countries, so a willingness to learn is a must
• Working with multiple stakeholders (internal and external partners) with different goals, objectives and aspirations. Effective communication skills will be key.
• Knowledge of key design and architectural patterns such as MVVM, MVI and SOLID principles
• Knowledge of TDD and associated frameworks (JUnit, Espresso, Mockito) is desirable
• Knowledge of RESTful APIs to operate
• Knowledge of development best practices, including coding guidelines
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d56vkz-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.