Senior Analytics Engineer - (Data & Analytics Team), Hyderabad
Sr Analytics Engineer - Hyderabad, India
About Warner Bros. Discovery:
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines Warner Media's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Sr Analytics Engineer, you will lead data pipeline, data strategy, and data visualization-related efforts for the Data & Analytics organization at Max. You're an engineer who not only understands how to use big data in answering complex business questions but also how to design semantic layers to best support self-service vehicles. You will manage projects from requirements gathering to planning to implementation of full-stack data solutions (pipelines to data tables to visualizations). You will work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that business logic is properly represented in the semantic layer and production environments, where it can be used by the wider Product Analytics team to drive business insights and strategy.
• Design and implement data models that support flexible querying and data visualization.
• Partner with Product stakeholders to understand business questions and build out advanced analytical solutions.
• Advance automation efforts that help the team spend less time manipulating & validating data and more time analyzing.
• Build frameworks that multiply the productivity of the team and are intuitive for other data teams to leverage.
• Participate in the creation and support of analytics development standards and best practices.
• Create systematic solutions for solving data anomalies: identifying, alerting, and root cause analysis.
• Work proactively with stakeholders to ready data solutions for new product and/or feature releases, with a keen eye for uncovering and troubleshooting any data quality issues or nuances.
• Identify and explore new opportunities through creative analytical and engineering methods.
What to Bring:
• Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in a quantitative field of study (Computer/Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
• 5+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence/data engineering
• Expertise in writing SQL (clean, fast code is a must) and in data-warehousing concepts such as star schemas, slowly changing dimensions, ELT/ETL, and MPP databases
• Experience in transforming flawed/changing data into consistent, trustworthy datasets, and in developing DAGs to batch-process millions of records
• Experience with general-purpose programming (e.g. Python, Java, Go), dealing with a variety of data structures, algorithms, and serialization formats
• Experience with big-data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hive)
• Advanced ability to build reports and dashboards with BI tools (such as Looker and Tableau)
• Experience with analytics tools such as Athena, Redshift/BigQuery, Splunk, etc.
• Proficiency with Git (or similar version control) and CI/CD best practices
• Experience in managing workflows using Agile practices
• Ability to write clear, concise documentation and to communicate generally with a high degree of precision
• Ability to solve ambiguous problems independently
• Ability to manage multiple projects and time constraints simultaneously
• Care for the quality of the input data and how the processed data is ultimately interpreted and used
• Experience with digital products, streaming services, or subscription products is preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Characteristics & Traits
• Naturally inquisitive, critical thinker, proactive problem-solver, and detail-oriented.
• Positive attitude and an open mind
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to act independently and responsibly
• Self-starter, comfortable initiating projects from design to execution with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment and can manage time effectively to consistently meet deadlines
• Team player and relationship builder
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work.
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpbk3-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.