Your New Role...
The Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting will be a part of the team responsible for closing the books for the Company. This individual will be responsible for performing the accounting for areas to ensure compliance with US GAAP and should be comfortable working directly with management of the company as well as the external auditors. This role will be responsible for fixed asset accounting.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Responsible for performing accounting of transactions for the monthly-close process focused in the areas of fixed assets and capitalized software.
• Records fixed asset additions, acquisitions, and dispositions in the fixed asset subledger.
• Works with the business to determine appropriate accounting treatment for capitalized and finance software arrangements
• Helps to facilitate SEC reporting through process excellence and use of systems and automation
• Prepares account reconciliations and rollforwards
Qualifications & Experience…
• BS/BA in related discipline from an accredited university
• Minimum of 4 years of experience and a strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), IFRS, and SOX requirements with specific attention to PP&E accounting
• Experience with accounting for fixed assets and software arrangement.
• Experience with the financial close-process of an SEC registrant
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03x46-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.