Your New Role:
As an integral member of the SAP BW team, the intermediate SAP BW engineer will provide development and operational support to SAP BW systems and participate in 24*7 production support.
Your Role Accountabilities:
• Monitor data load, interface jobs, and reports broadcasting/bursting, and address any issues promptly to ensure data accuracy and availability after issue resolution.
• Assist with the design, implementation, and maintenance of SAP BW solutions, including data modeling, ETL processes, reporting, and analytics.
• Develop and maintain BEx queries and AO reports. This includes complex calculations, structures, formulas, customer exits and BADi variables.
• Continuous monitoring and optimizing SAP BW BEx and AO performance.
• Provide production support and issue resolution for existing BEx and AO reports, including training for users.
• Address assigned SNOW tickets promptly and communicate clearly with users to provide status on tickets and resolution.
• Follow the established change management process to create, test, and promote changes to production, and to sync in a dual dev landscape.
• Perform data reconciliation on key dataflow to ensure the data quality. Report any issues identified promptly and carry out the resolution after it's fully vetted with the Sr. BW resource.
• Assist with functional validation after the system restore. Follow the existing test scripts and update them continuously to improve processes and efficiency.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Assist with any ad-hoc data requests such as from internal/external audit or 3rd party vendors.
• Close collaboration with other teams that support or interface with BW for support or performance-related issues: Basis, Batch, DBA, SAP functional area support (FI, CO, MM, SD, etc.), Unix, Informatica, Sylvester, Marvin, Cosmos, PLM, and many others.
• Continuously provide input to improve the performance of BW solutions and their usability for business users.
• Create new or update existing support documentation leading to best practices, standardization, smooth onboarding knowledge transfer, and service desk support.
• Perform regular housekeeping tasks to keep the system lean and efficient.
Qualifications & Experiences:
• 4 years of BW development and support experience including ETL and BEx and AO, with 2+ years of BW on HANA and 2+ years with BW/4 in a production environment.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience with ABAP and HANA SQLScript preferred
• Experience in BEx query development, including key figures, characteristics, hierarchies, and variables.
• Experience with operation and support of BW DTO or archiving (IQ NLS).
• Knowledge of SAP source systems connected to BW such as S/4, ECC, CRM, BRIM, PLM, and SRM.
• Although primarily a M-F 8-5 position, must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends, when necessary.
• SAC development and operational experience and knowledge preferred
• SAP certification preferred
• Experience in supporting integration planning (IP) and BCS on BW on HANA a plus preferred
• Experience supporting the data extraction from S/4 Central Finance and Group Reporting a plus
**Please note that this is a hybrid role in which reporting onsite is required 2-3 times per week.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14ejm-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.