Your New Role
This position plays an integral role in the build and deployment of Warner Bros. Discovery's (WBD's) SAP S/4 financial system. The holder will perform project-based roles related to the fixed asset subledger workstream within the scope of the SAP S/4 Transformation project as it relates to the Networks and Direct to Consumer (DTC) content accounting process areas. The holder will also serve as a key contact supporting business data owners, IT, and finance functional workstreams.
The position will demand an ability to effectively collaborate as part of a focused project team. Responsibilities of this role include data conversion and mapping between PeopleSoft and S4 HANA, testing and reconciliation, data analysis, building out the fixed assets module, and other ad hoc tasks, within the area of Content Accounting. This role will also work closely with existing accounting process owners to analyze, design, and change existing processes, as needed, to align with the new future state process structures within the S4 Hana landscape. Strong planning, project management and problem-solving skills are critical, as well as sound analytical, communication, and time management skills.
The successful holder of this position will have a broad background including experience in finance/accounting, implementing global process and systems initiatives and organizational change management.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Review current-state accounting processes with BAU process owners and design and implement any needed changes to processes required in the future state ERP structure related to the Fixed Asset subledger workstream
• Responsible for helping the data team and Workstream Leads identify Data Profiling, Cleansing, Consolidation and Conversion rules
• Work closely with the Project System and Master Data subledger workstream leads to complete data reconciliations and validations during Mock Cut-overs, UAT and Production Cut-over for ERP transformations
• Support, review, and provide input to communications related to overall program activities as well as specific comms tailored to the fixed asset subledger workstream
• Coordinate with Workstream Leads to execute data migrations and data quality efforts focused on completeness, standardization, and deduplication
• Review training curriculum, confirm topics, provide recommendations for quick reference guides and simulations, as well as assist with defining web-based training requirements to ensure the completeness and effectiveness for end users
• Provide post go-live support including identifying post go-live support resources, coordinating with key teams to provide hypercare support, and supporting post go-live surveys, analyses, and mitigation plans as required
• Assess, prioritize, and escalate issues as necessary
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience with Oracle, SAP, and/or PeopleSoft data governance, management, and business intelligence solutions
• 10+ years of progressive experience working within accounting subledger and GL systems
• Proven project management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited university
• CPA preferred
• Media based content accounting experience a strong plus
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with clear attention to detail
• Excel-based analytics (pivot tables, connecting to power bi and/or cubes)
• Fast learner, able to master new concepts, theories, ideas, and processes with ease
• Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
• Flexible to shift to higher working hour demands as needed based on project demands
• Ability and willingness to get into the detail of the data quality
• Aptitude and attitude to assume end to end ownership of a data domain inclusive of data governance, process, controls, conversions and integrations
• Work effectively as part of a team
• Excellent English communication (both oral and written) and reading comprehension skills
• Sound knowledge of SAP, as well as SAP Project Systems and Fixed Asset subledger
• Master Data Governance business processes knowledge, will be a value add
• Ability to travel domestically based on project need
• Legal right to work in the US
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2q74-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.