Senior FP&A Manager - Networks Content
Warner Bros. Discovery
• Lead and oversee the execution of general accounting controllership duties in EMEA DTC businesses.
• Oversee accounting close process. Including but not limited to accounting for operational expense including personnel, G&A and Tech Ops, marketing, sales and research expenses
• Ensure proper recognition of expense including the relate accruals and prepaids.
• Responsible for remeasurement of foreign-currency balances for US GAAP and local financial reporting
• Oversee the timely completion and accuracy of account reconciliations to ensure balance sheet accuracy
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements, internal control environment
• Work with other members of the Controllership team to review, and resolve any intercompany discrepancies within the group
• Being point of contact for internal and external auditors
• Provide guidance to the team and support troubleshooting and problem solving during month end close.
• Guarantee completeness and accuracy of GL activity; review and analyze trial balance to determine if adjustments are necessary.
• Engage with key DTC EMEA controllership stakeholders, including FP&A, Tax, GBS, and country specific business unit teams.
• Ensure a robust understanding of the streaming business in core operating sectors and provide responsive consultation and information as required in key business decisions.
• Periodically evaluate personnel workload requirements within the team and recommend changes, process improvements as require. Lead team with emphasis on continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency.
• Work closely with financial accounting team on statutory filing process
• Preparation of detail support and account reconciliations by country for key accounts required in statutory financial statements and related audits.
• Provide detail backup and audit support to Statutory Financial teams, external auditors, local authorities, and WBD management to ensure successful filings.
• Participate and provide input to key system and process integrations in the EMEA controllership area, especially as it relates to the recent merger between Discovery and WarnerMedia and ERP upgrade initiatives.
• At least 8 years of work experience in an accounting role and a strong understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, SOX requirements as required
• Prior work experience supervising Accounting Team of a large Company preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• BS/BA in Accounting from an accredited university
• Master's degree in accounting a plus
• CPA or Chartered Accountant (CA) strongly preferred
• Experience performing financial accounting monitoring of key business performance metrics
• Strong understanding of financial systems with ability to learn and master new system tools
• Experience in automating manual processes
• Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
• Capacity to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members at all levels
• Experience implementing best practices that require significant innovation for improving processes by applying advanced understanding of complex functional/technical and business issues and challenges
• Embraces change driven by evolving business initiatives and maintains positivity when time-sensitive milestones shift
• Willing and able to travel internationally for occasional business trips
• Strong accounting acumen working in a multinational company
• SAP knowledge
• Microsoft Office suite of applications.
• Operational accounting experience
• Filmed Entertainment accounting
• hybrid work model, flexible working hours
• free access to player.pl
• benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, yoga, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• casual dress code
• parking available for booking
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp1p1-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.