The Production Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day to day delivery of the broadcasts produced
out of our West London studio facility.
The facility comprises Three studios, Four galleries and SCR, Four Multi- Operation rooms, VO booths, Edit, Graphic and Production facilities which are operatorial 365 days a year.
You will take an active role in ensuring all teams are prepped, prepared and clear on the requirements of the live events being broadcast that day. As key communicators within the department you are responsible for ensuring that all relevant contributors have the latest information, and everyone is fully informed on the day's live productions.
This role will require occasional weekend and evening work, but predominantly standard office hours will apply. Flexibility is key and from time to time there may be a requirement to work at different home base sites.
• Liaison with clients, 3rd party production companies and internal production teams to ensure the highest level of support is supplied from booking through to live delivery
• Assists Technical and Sound supervisors roster and cover shift to support facility requirements
• Manage Coordinator and Juniors daily duties, ensuring constant high standard of work and efficient and effective time management.
• Collect and collate all health and safety documentation for the studio production and facility kit maintenance.
• Create supportive documentation for clients, production teams and live gallery crews
• Represent departments in daily production meetings to answer and respond to any live production queries
• Support client's requirements during the production process, ensuring resources and editorial aspirations are achievable.
• Work alongside Technical and Audio seniors to ensure that live events set up and requirements are communicated and tracked across departments.
• Liaise with production to assist that assets requirements for every live event is in order, ensuring that each gallery crew is aware of their supporting content and that it is delivered by the wider departments to the correct destination in a timely manner.
• Support the Operations Manager with planning, audit and administrative upkeep
• Create, review and provide feedback on production budgets, schedules and deliverables as required.
• Track production expenses and report actuals monthly to the Senior management team
• Support the technical team to coordinate all set up and testing, ensuring this is done in a timely manner and configurations are to the agreed standard.
• Be a key point of contact for upcoming productions and on program days
• Work collaboratively with other ET&O organisations i.e. MAM, Ingest, Engineering, MCR, Programming, OAP, Preview Team and Transmission ensuring working relationships and communication are of the highest standards
• Contribute to the development of training plans to deliver staff and freelancer training requirements as necessary
• Identify key development opportunities for improved workflows, and enhanced reporting.
• Promote sharing of best practice and process change opportunities to support an efficient and effective department.
• Other duties as required
• Ability to work on multiple productions at any one time
• Experience of managing logistics for both studio and OB sporting shows
• Experience in managing and coordinating a team.
• Demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end production procedures for live and prerecorded sporting shows
• Experience of producing production documentation and communicating this clearly to a wide array of stakeholders
• An understanding of post production workflows with strong working knowledge of all digital file formats
• Working knowledge of scheduling systems Media pulse and Provys beneficial
• Experience of production management, with full understanding of shift based work and freelancer support network.
• Ability to engage, motivate and inspire direct reports to achieve.
• Working knowledge of recruitment processes, goal setting, development tracking and review process.
• Strong organisational and planning skills, able to manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines
• Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary and can communicate their requirements and needs across the wider business
• Knowledge of Health and safety legislation Working at Height,, Noise, Manual Handling, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Risk Assessments, COSHH,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive in troubleshooting, problem solving and avoidance of issues
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xxwk-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.