Your New Role…
This position will provide remote and in-person premium tech support for live action feature productions and television shows operating on studio lots, remote production facilities, shoot locations, and from their homes. This engineer will assist in mapping production plans & workflow requirements to tech architecture, evaluate solution options, order/install/configure/support desktop computing & VM environments, mobile devices, local & cloud file storage, remote & cloud editorial, VFX and artist systems, on premise & cloud backup solutions, desktop/server/cloud hosted software applications, digital media playback systems, physical security systems, local area networks, encrypted drives and other peripheral devices. Direction and guidance will come from production engineers, production management, and WM Technology & Operations leadership. This position will primarily interact with Production staff (crew, talent, and department leaders), external parties (e.g., hardware/software/service vendors), and other functional departments across the company (e.g., Identity Mgmt, Cyber Security, Content Protection, Compliance, etc).
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Knowledge of desktop computing and virtualized environments running Window/Linux/Mac operating systems
• Familiar with data storage and transfer fundamentals (cloud/on prem, backup & disaster recovery concepts)
• Knowledge of basic network infrastructure design and security hardening
• Ability to analyze existing operations & workflows to identify improvement opportunities
• Familiar in Cyber Security concepts (e.g., best practices, directory services, and application/web authentication methods)
• Ability to quickly assimilate/understand new business & technology concepts (even work that others completed)
• Ability to recognize trends and patterns, perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, and interpret results
• Analysis of data & information to present key take-aways & develop insights
• Able to establish & maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners, and clients
• Always remains composed under pressure
• Researching and recommending opportunities to deploy innovative best practices
• Ability to prioritize work, anticipate needs, and maintain a level head in a fast moving & demanding environment.
• Must be self-driven and a good verbal and written communicator, as this role will often work alone with minimal technical supervision.
• Ability to articulate key points to wide array of audience is a respectful manner, while expressing a clear position on ideas
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and verbal instructions
• Must have strong client service orientation
Qualifications & Experience…
• BA or BS degree with concentration in Business Administration, Technology/Information Systems and/or Digital Innovation preferred
• A+ certification preferred
• MCSE preferred
• Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $52,489.00 - $97,479.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmj606-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.