Job Description - Product Manager (Customer Insights & Activation)
About the Customer Intelligence & Activation Product Team:
We educate and excite our global audience about the world-class streaming services & experiences offered by the Warner Bros. Discovery suite of products. We observe, listen to, and build relationships with customers. We identify & expand our understanding of customer needs and wants, to add value to their experience through data, experimentation and personalization. We manage, unify, and enrich customer data to provide robust, useful, unified master customer records. We create opportunities to add value through data with channels such as paid media, social, partnerships, CRM, and in-product merchandising and personalization. We analyze the results of these efforts, iterate and improve on our strategies, and optimize for the highest value actions customers can take.
Our 4 strategic functions are:
Customer Data Management: Build robust customer profiles and Customer Data Platform (CDP) integrations that can be used across the organization to optimize customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Customer Insights & Activation: Establish a deep understanding of the customer to drive data-driven Activation opportunities that unlock incremental customer value through new strategic and tactical initiatives.
Retention, CRM, & Lifecycle Messaging: Develop holistic and global CRM to deliver consistent, personalized content at different touch points over the entire ecosystem to drive subscriber engagement and retention.
Deep Linking & Attribution: Create a seamless out of App customer experience for content discovery through deep linking capabilities and optimized conversion paths for new and returning users.
About the Role:
The Data Insights & Activation PM will be responsible for identifying opportunities, creating strategies and driving enhancements to the customer experience to influence core business KPIs such as Roll to Pay, Month 1 Conversion, Churn Rate, Watch Time and Lifetime Value. The PM will be expected to be able to independently prioritize and lead initiatives across the organization.
The responsibilities include:
• Create and drive the vision for the Data Activation & High Value Actions workstream
• Analyze the data captured across Analytics & MarTech systems (Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, mParticle, Blueshift/Braze, Snowflake, Tableau, Data Bricks, etc.)
• Collaborate with Data Science & Analytics teams to deep dive into the data and inform ML models for experimentation evaluation
• Identify opportunities for optimizing the customer experience to improve RTP, M1 Conversion, Churn Rate, LTV, Engagement, etc.
• Identify how user behavior correlates with retention and, probabilistically, leads to higher engagement per customer
• Ideate on strategic initiatives around the areas of opportunities
• Document the strategy and prioritize initiatives tied to the strategy
• Create documentation around the initiatives to be able to evangelize the project
• Define the requirements for development teams and/or any other teams involved
• Build out Hypothesis based A/B Tests to easily test out viability of new ideas
• Lead cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Content, Data, etc.) to drive initiatives to completion
• Perform UAT to sign off on deliverables
• Analyze and report on success/failure of initiatives
• Continuously iterate on initiatives and A/B tests to further optimize the results
• Communicate and evangelize the initiative across the org from ideation to completion
• Build a program around High Value Actions & Data Activation that can be replicated for any streaming service within WBD
• Mentor and lead APMs in the CIA team and align the team on the vision for the workstream.
Product Manager responsibilities:
The Product Manager works tirelessly to understand the needs of our customers and outline a product vision based on those needs. PMs are responsible for defining the what, why, and when of a product - identifying what's valuable for the customer and the business and partnering with technology on what's feasible. The PM is responsible for
communicating a clear vision and defining success in order to drive business alignment across teams and stakeholders.
In addition, PM responsibilities are to define, document, prioritize, and maintain the business requirements for a set of features, establish a definition of ''done'' for the project (MLP), and define its success. This includes end-user requirements, requirements for
measuring and reporting, and any other requirements necessary to achieve the product vision.
Traits of Product Managers: As a product organization, these traits represent the qualities of highly successful Product Managers.
Customer Empathy. Understands customers' goals, needs, and behaviors; and uses them as a lens to guide work, priorities and decision making.
Curious . Driven to question and understand why and how people do the things they do. Eager to learn, operates with bias to action.
Results Driven . Focuses on success from impact (e.g. value creation and capture metrics).
Accountable . Demonstrates ownership. Consistently do what you say you'll do. Learns from both hits and misses, communicates with transparency, specificity and candor.
Innovative . Full of ideas and able to draw out ideas in others; takes on the big swings and the hard problems with enthusiasm.
Make Data Driven Decisions . Artful and creative in your approach to identifying value, with strong judgment about what's worth doing, using data and insights to drive decisions. Sweats the details and dives deep while maintaining focus on the overall vision and desired outcome.
Collaborative . Partners and influences effectively to deliver high value of impact for customers and the business.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $85,400.00 - $158,600.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxz4m1-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.