Warner Bros. Discovery's DTC technology and product organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery's continued growth, building world-class products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
In this role, you will work across the entire company to lead the delivery of global technical initiatives driven at each level of technical program management delivery. The ideal candidate has experience influencing and aligning business objectives to technical roadmaps; and participated in launching new lines of business globally. They have a passion for scalable solutions that are lightweight and repeatable, transparent communication, collaboration and operational excellence. This candidate sees the value in holistic test plans and procedures and is constantly looking for ways to automate testing, workflow, and integration steps. This role will be an individual contributing role responsible for influencing and managing relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
• You are passionate about leading by influence. You have a demonstrated ability to establish a vision and to execute on it.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear articulation of business impact and technical constraints tailored to the audience.
• Extract and document implementation details in collaboration with a cross-functional team, and proactively identify roadblocks. Authoring features and specifications used for planning, review, and implementation.
• You'll be responsible for crafting and executing the program, including quarterly roadmaps and working with numerous stakeholders: product management, engineering, design, quality assurance, technical program managers and release management.
• You partner closely with architects and principal engineers to ensure large, complex, cross-team projects have sound technical foundations and the design and implementation across teams provides for scalable, reliable, efficient systems.
• You make other team members around you more productive by providing clarity on the what, why, who, and when.
• You are a collaborative partner who is always thinking ahead, challenging assumptions, and anticipating issues before they happen. You help teams avoid surprises.
• You show good judgment, guiding the team in making trade-offs between immediate and long-term customer and business needs.
• You drive best practices and set standards for the teams. You provide mentoring to others.
• Experience: 10+ years of experience on multiple technical programs and working knowledge of agile methodologies and tools. Proven experience as a technical leader.
• Scope and Complexity: You drive programs across more than one team, you have experience managing dependencies and stakeholders from external teams. You're able to take an ambiguous problem statement related to your subject-matter area to drive program deliverables over multiple iterations to achieve the right outcome.
• Decision-Making: You are able to act as a representative for your area autonomously. Your decisions are consistent, data driven and formed by deep collaboration to prioritize what is critical for success.
• Execution: You have first-rate program management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with date-driven timelines and a solid understanding of risk management. You have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership for the success of programs from inception to rollout and maintenance. You have a company wide view of how your programs impact the bottom line and you constantly think about how to improve our ability to deliver large programs.
• Operations: You apply processes and standards thoughtfully with bias towards automation, identifying the right amount of process and structure to achieve the correct outcome with the least overhead.
• Influence: You have a demonstrated ability to earn trust, influence without authority, and successfully lead the development of complex multi-tenant client/service applications. Successful working experience with globally dispersed teams to act as one company.
• Communication: Your written and verbal communication skills are clear, concise, accurate and tailored to the audience. You are the point of contact for business and technical stakeholders for your product, services and features.
• Collaboration: You have the ability to collaborate and work cross functionally to create and maintain end-end project plans for big ticket initiatives with the flexibility to quickly pivot when priorities change.
• Global Perspective: You are highly skilled in working in a global environment, both with colleagues across multiple time zones and countries as well as delivering products and services on a truly global scale. You also have an appreciation of cultural differences between regions and countries, always striving to deliver the best possible services for customers within the global product portfolio.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1w43x-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.