Your New Role
One of key business priorities is to grow our streaming service discovery+, we need to work with our key commercial partners to scale the service at speed.
This role will be responsible for collaborating with discovery+ commercial partners to ensure prominence and exposure is maximised, optimising both acquisition and engagement with the brand. Reporting to the Senior Partnership Manager this will be pivotal in ensuring wholesale (b2b2c) partnerships are aligned with the promotional priorities and broader discovery+ marketing strategy.
Working alongside our key partners (BT, Sky, Vodafone, Roku etc.) this position will be responsible for supporting and implementing WBD's consumer marketing strategies through their platforms and interfaces. This role will be responsible for the building and execution of marketing strategies to drive awareness, build our subscriber base and increase audience engagement with the service and its content.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Working in a totally integrated way with the wider Marcomms team and newly formed Streaming team, this role will work with platform partners to ensure all key priorities are surfaced in accordance with the broader discovery+ marketing plans.
• Working with commercial and Legal teams to unpick and execute partner contractual agreements on both sides.
• Building strong collaborative relationships with key partner counterparts to ensure we are included in their campaign planning and all branding and presence is correct (the right assets, on time, every time)
• Specifically, this role will work with various Sky Teams (Merchandising, Sky VIP, marketing) to ensure discovery+ impact and awareness is maximised across their UI and broader marketing ecosystem supported by the Partnership Co-ordinator.
• Specifically, this role will work with the BT team to continue to build discovery+ on to the platform, execute post launch sustain marketing plans and continue maximising awareness by working with the internal sports team, supported by the Partnership Co- ordinator
• This role will also encompass working with central teams e.g Eurosport on digital affiliate requests and managing the supply of those assets to affiliate teams with a focus on the Olympic Games Paris 2024 and beyond. We have the rights until Brisbane 2032.
• Reporting on partner campaign key metrics and liaising with research and insights team to track partnership performance and health to ensure value is being delivered
• Overseeing the day to day content surfacing done by the co-ordinator to ensure they are data driven against discovery+ priorities and that all creative collateral is created in accordance with the marketing timeline
• Supporting the Senior Partnership Manager on new launches in the 2023/24 pipeline.
• Stay up to date on new industry trends and developments and suggest new ways to increase the value of products and services.
Skills and Experience
• Understanding of marketing and its applications.
• Excellent relationship and stakeholder management with a wide range of people of different seniority, inside and outside the company
• Successful track record in building partnerships with measurable outcomes.
• A proven track record in marketing and merchandising of content.
• A comprehensive understanding of marketing workflow management including content windowing.
• Ability to build confidence and trust with partner leads and teams and pre-empt their needs and requests to ensure d+ has maximum exposure in their marketing campaigns
• Ability to spot opportunities and execute upon them.
• Some sports knowledge and interest in sport
• Experience working Broadcast TV and SVOD environment
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61yej-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.