Paralegal, Contract Services
Your New Role
The Paralegal Corporate Services will help support the Contract Services team in the development, harmonization and management of the enterprise-wide Employment Contracts (EC) process, in close partnership with Employment Legal and P&C. In addition, this role with support Employment Legal in the document response to California Privacy Rights Act employee/worker requests and other legal projects. This role will help support the drafting and tracking of a high volume of medium- to high-complexity employment contracts and route to appropriate employment attorneys for review, as well as facilitate in issue resolution. This role will support the process (and/or the employment attorneys) through final execution, including drafting, reviewing, redlining, finalizing agreements and maintaining data in the centralized system.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Support of the employment contracts administration life-cycle across the Warner Bros Discovery organization:
• Review existing contract terms to determine if requested terms and provisions are aligned with current company contract guidelines and highlight any special (e.g. legacy division) that should be escalated for further consideration
• Draft and proof-read EC – new contracts/renewals, option pick-ups, termination letters; partner with appropriate Employment Attorney as escalations/questions arise
• Partner with Compensation Partners to ensure EC requests meet compensation guidelines
• Prepare and send ECs to appropriate Employment Attorney for sign-off, and subsequently route to P&C and Employee for timely review and execution
• Record and maintain data in the internal contracts system database; track to ensure timely processing, and distribute fully-executed employment contracts to distribution list
• Once contract system is updated with new EC terms, generate a summary sheet to provide to P&C
• Audit reports to ensure accuracy of EC information on the contract database
• Respond in a timely fashion to requests from P&C and Legal Partners and provide technical/procedural guidance to P&C, Compensation, and Legal Partners
• Partner with Severance Administration group on process as required.
• Recommend and create initial draft of changes to EC template to address common issues or requests and submit to Employment Legal for sign-off.
• Act as a subject matter expert and resource regarding contract processing policies and procedures. Assist in training HRBPs on template and new harmonized contract process.
• Pull and analyze data as requested for continuous process improvement opportunities.
• Collaborate with Employment Legal and recommend best approach for capturing data in contract system to facilitate consistent and accurate data reporting.
• Assist in ensuring contract system security policies and procedures are maintained and followed based on guidance from Employment Legal and Executive Compensation leadership
• Assist the Total Rewards and Employment Legal team in ad hoc projects as needed.
• Manage employee records requests and review and redaction of employee records related to compliance with CPRA records requests and other worker data requests.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 4-5 years of paralegal/contract manager experience in an office environment highly preferred. Prior Legal, Human Resources or Contract Administration experience preferred. Completion of paralegal school/certification preferred.
• Ability to read legal documents for understanding and think critically
• Excellent document review and organization skills
• Must be able to draft and interpret contracts
• Ability and desire to learn various privacy laws such as GDPR, CCPA/CPRA
• Capable of working with a variety of internal tools for record-keeping and case management
• Able to maintain a confidential environment, discretion is essential.
• Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
• Excellent math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage skills.
• Able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft suite of programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access highly preferred
• Able to work well under time constraints and meet regulatory deadlines.
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prepare work summaries for attorney review.
• Able to take initiative and work independently. Good research skills.
• Knowledge of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures
• Treats people with respect
• Relates well and communicates effectively to all levels of personnel, inside and outside the organization, telephonically and by email
• Is tactful and uses diplomacy
• Makes others comfortable and puts them at ease
• Builds constructive and effective relationships
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with P&C and Legal Partners
• Plans and anticipates what is needed to get PSCs fully executed
• Asks questions when appropriate and will follow up when needed
• Accepts and promotes continuous improvement
• Allocates own time efficiently
• Prioritizes and handles multiple demands
• Exhausts all avenues to complete assignments
• Follows through on commitments and agreements
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
• Able to work with business leaders from multiple discipline in a collaborative fashion
• Effectively communicate issues that are complex in nature, both verbally and in writing, through various mediums
• SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $54,600.00 - $101,400.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rny0em-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.