Your New Role…
The Operations Engineer I position plays a critical role in the 24/7/365 operations of the business and the support to Production Technology customers. It involves Tier 1 support of all production across Warner Media as well as Quality Control of all feeds that enter the building for live production.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• As a critical component of all live News shows, an Operations Engineer I in QC is in constant communication with Control Room and Newsroom staff, ensuring the highest quality for live video feeds going to air and feeds being recorded for later edit and archive. It is QC's responsibility to adjust audio and video levels to meet CNN's standards, synchronize lines, and adjust other aspect ratio or audio channel settings using an array of technology from waveform guides and vector scopes to powerful, integrated touch screen controls.
• With eyes constantly on air, an Operations Engineer I is also responsible for monitoring the ongoing quality of the outgoing path. If there are any hits, distortions, or other signal problems, engineers in QC will initiate large scale notifications and assist in the investigation while documenting and reporting the information discovered during the process.
• In the BCC, an Operations Engineer I acts as part of a collaborative team environment. It is the central nervous system of incidents, service requests, and major activities throughout broadcast engineering, editing, and production operations at the Warner Media, News & Sports, and Entertainment properties.
• The Operations Engineer I receives incoming calls and tickets, performs first-call triage, dispatch, and escalation on incidents ranging from low priority to On-Air emergencies.
• They monitor services and equipment for a wide variety of systems and technologies and coordinate the communication around Major Incidents which have organization-wide impact to job abilities or air.
• Resolution of incidents are done through remote control software, researching using a knowledge-base repository, or in person for on-site customers. All incidents and requests are logged in an industry standard IT Service Management tool by the BCC. Broad communications are handled through enterprise level notification systems and organizational chat solutions. Excellent communication is key as the Operations Engineer I engages and navigates the position.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Computer Repair / Electronic Repair / Software and Hardware Troubleshooting experience
• Comfortability with Windows 7, MAC OS X, CentOS (Linux experience is a plus)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including technical and business writing.
• Customer Service experience
• Focus and attention to detail during repetitive tasks
• Ability to excel working on their own as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to resolve complex technical problems in a timely manner.
• Self-motivation with a passion for technology and learning
• Flexibility to work in a shift environment with periodic shift rotation and days off including days, nights, overnights, evenings, weekends, or holidays.
• Minimum of a two-year Technical Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Broadcast Engineering (or equivalent education / experience / training)
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61jxj-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.