Full Time Job
Network Operations Support Engineer
Warner Bros. Discovery
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Role
Reporting to a Network Duty Operations Manager, every Junior Network Operations Engineer is working in close collaboration with Regular and Senior Network Engineers in monitoring and supporting WBD Global network infrastructure. The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure.
Working as part of a team of Tier 2 network operations engineers in our Krakow operations center, the role is responsible for supporting WBD network infrastructure across 50 offices and production centers globally.
This position will have daytime working hours Monday through Friday although an element of flexibility and on call will be required from time to time.
• Monitoring all our production network infrastructure in real time
• Outage vetting – initiating of critical outage situations
• Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to production network infrastructure
• Keep network infrastructure device monitoring and asset tracking systems up to date
• Coordinate escalation process to third-party network vendors in case of hardware or software failure
• Uphold professional ticket management by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs updated and properly resolved at time of completion
• At least 2 year of Service Desk experience in Core IT Section of Operations with proven experience on troubleshooting basic network problems
• Proven trainings on concepts described by CCNA | JNCIA-junos
• Must have the legal right to work in associated role country
Nice to Have
• Experience with Palo Alto Firewall Platform
• Experience using ServiceNow or another similar Service Management tool
• Experience using Solarwinds monitoring platform
• High School Graduate or University student in any Core It area of expertise (preferably Network, however it is not a must)
What's in it for you?
• Contract of employment
• Hybrid work model (3 days from the office, 2 days from home)
• Free access to player.pl and HBO Max
• Benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• Work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• Training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• Casual dress code
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1j06m-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.