Your New Role…
This position will oversee the coordination of all technical facilities, equipment procurement and logistics as well as creating and disseminating strategic technical documents needed for the successful execution of remote and studio-based productions. This position will work in a collaborative manner with the WBD Sports' Production Management and Remote Operations teams. Position requires 10-20% travel. Nights and weekend hours on a seasonal basis
Your Role Accountabilities…
Leads the planning and set up of all broadcast (and digital) productions for one or more of WBD Sports major properties as it relates to the technical operation. Develops schedules, operational and transmission plans while executing production requirements for regular season, playoff's and special events. Manages the development and implementation of efficient workflows and processes to meet production needs. Collaborates with vendors, equipment manufacturers and technology groups on innovation, new development and problem resolution. Prepares financial estimates and budgets for all aspects of Technical Operations including facility, equipment and logistical estimates for remote and co-productions.
On-site technical operational oversight at tent pole events and other remote productions where additional support is required. Work with Technical Operation Coordinator to ensure efficient and successful logistics planning for all required facilities, rental equipment and WBD-owned assets.
Maintain and manage relationships with internal WBD groups (i.e. WMS engineering, Tech Ops, BIT, etc.) and external facilities and equipment vendors.
Attend and participate in industry events and learning opportunities. Pursuit of knowledge of latest technical trends and innovations. (i.e. NAB, SVG events, Manufacturer webinars, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience…
• 5+ years of broadcast remote operations experience (preferably network level) in a coordination or supervisory role
• Understanding of nuances of a remote production and the on-site technical operation
• ''Live'' sports remote production experience and thorough technical understanding of production intricacies
• Remote Production Technical operation supervisory role
• 5+ years of remote production budget preparation or financial forecasts
• Knowledge of remote production facilities and equipment vendors
• Must be a TEAM PLAYER who is highly organized, efficient, able to multi-task and a STRONG communicator.
• Working knowledge of NHL, NBA and MLB remote production requirements and operational needs
• College Degree w/ studies in television production, digital media, communications or similar
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz23j2-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.