This position is a key member responsible for preparing and reviewing management reporting packages and providing leadership to senior financial analysts. This role also provides critical support to segment special projects and key strategic initiatives.
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
• Consistently prepare and publish accurate and meaningful consolidated month-end financial statements and reporting packages for the segment on a timely basis.
• Participate in month-end close meetings with Finance to communicate financial results.
• Provide value-added ad hoc financial reports and analysis as appropriate.
• Understand the company's accounting policies and procedures.
• Provide guidance to segment finance teams on adhoc accounting questions.
• Provide to segment finance select information on balance sheet accounts and schedules as required.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Evaluate and understand changes to the monthly consolidated segment forecasts
• Prepare forecast accuracy and other analyses to support decision making
• Provide consolidated budget and forecast comparative reporting to Senior Finance Leadership and WM FP&A.
• Prepare and present meaningful forecast data and key business updates to Global Business Services on a monthly basis.
• Prepare reporting for segment leadership as requested to show the results of the operations.
• Prepare consolidated Cash Flow forecast drivers and variance explanations.
• Prepare annual budget reporting. Collaborate with WM FP&A, Process & Systems Group and Finance leadership as required to communicate global assumptions, budget adjustments and segment specific budget activities and deadlines. Assist with budget deck preparation as required.
• Support the operations by providing required reporting and analysis (Actual, Forecast, Budget) in compliance with sports leagues' special event contracts/agreements
• Minimum 5 years accounting and forecasting experience, including at least 3 years of supervisory experience preferred
• Advanced analytical skills, and strong technical accounting skills supported by proficiency in all MS Office applications and ESSBASE/Hyperion applications
• Candidates must demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and in-depth process improvement skills.
• Strong written, oral and presentation skills; effective communicator at all levels of the organization; ability to influence others.
• High level of executive presence with strong problem resolution skills, and a high degree of integrity, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization.
• Results oriented with an ability to set clear goals and priorities and deliver timely, high quality services.
• Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills.
• Change agent with strong collaboration skills.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, union status, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d99pnz-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.