As FP&A Manager, you will manage one of the domains within the CoE which offers you a great opportunity to participate in the overall finance transformation roadmap setting standards for the FP&A processes related to content spend management.
Your main responsibility is to ensure proactive and timely high-quality forecasting, reporting and analysis of the content P&L and balance sheet. You will take a leading role within a team of senior analysts, and you will ensure deep knowledge and competencies are developed within the team to provide business stakeholders with required information to make educated decisions.
This role is based in Mexico City, Mexico
• Work with business partner FP&A teams to evaluate financial impact of strategy/programming decisions (ie. support preparing business plans, content ROI analysis).
• Prepare Content and Production analysis for WBD TV & Studio Ops. Generate insights on current questions, opportunities and challenges related to Theatrical and TV Content and Production investment or amortization.
• Participate in monthly forecast process for Theatrical and TV Content and Production capex/cash investment and content amortization expense.
• Support forecasts/budgets development for global scope by working with content budget holders to review and validate their bottom's up, providing assessment and recommendations.
• Provide variance analysis to explain actual and forecasted performance of managed area vs prior year/plan/prior forecast.
• Assist in production of value-added management reporting for senior management
• Ensure high data quality of managed content databases with updated financial data points within these systems.
• Become a reference for senior analysts to provide high quality support to their stakeholders.
• Drive simplification projects to improve efficiency.
• Collaborate across boundaries, share best practices with other COE and business partner teams.
• Establish helpful productive relationships with key contacts in HQ and across the regions to encourage the flow of information and knowledge sharing.
• 4+ years' experience in financial planning and analysis.
• Experience leading, coaching and developing teams.
• Proficient in development of financial models with Advanced Excel skills.
• Experience working accurately and efficiently with high volumes of data under strict deadlines.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills, with proven ability to distil complex findings into a 'story' with actionable findings to support commercial decision making
• Critical thinker and problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues, articulate findings and present optimal solutions.
• Proven ability to build confidence and trust with department members and external business partners.
• Motivated by challenging, high-energy environment.
• Strong working knowledge of financial software packages and Microsoft Office suite.
• Bachelors' degree in Finance or Accounting required.
• Solid understanding of television and production business preferred.
• Experience working in Shared Business Services centers preferred.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, union status, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d547b1-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.