Your New Role
Key WDB Corporate Accounting leadership position focusing on AR Securitization and other Corporate functions. The position requires strong technical accounting skills and making critical decisions on accounting treatment and processes to comply with WBD accounting standards and ensuring that the books and records of the company are maintained in compliance with US GAAP. This position works closely with the PWC auditors, senior executives, and the accounting policy team to resolve complex accounting issues. Scope of responsibilities impact all Reporting Segments of WBD including Studios, DTC, Networks and Corporate. The position has frequent interaction with senior leaders in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Treasury and Operations.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Lead monthly close process and oversee and review complex entries and adjustments for the corporate accounting function. Areas of focus include but not limited to the AR Securitization program and requires constant communications with Accounting, Finance, Tax, Treasury and Operations with results that impact all segments of WBD.
• Maintain highly technical accounting knowledge and decision support in evaluating judgmental areas of accounting. Ability to understand and interpret accounting guidance and apply it effectively. Complexity requires frequent interaction with PWC auditors and subject matter experts to conclude on accounting treatment. Frequent coordination with policy team on technical accounting issues.
• Ensure financial controls are operating effectively including ownership of SOX controls relating AR Securitization. Mange multiple close deadlines across 4 ERP systems. Ensure financial controls over systems and processes are properly functioning and sign off on control effectiveness quarterly in accordance with WBD SOX guidelines. Frequent interaction with external and internal auditors evaluating controls and testing balances. Responsible for overseeing robust and timely balance sheet reconciliations and completion of SEC supplemental schedules for footnote disclosures
• Provide accounting perspective and support to senior Finance and Accounting leaders including Corporate Executives, Segment CFO's and Controllership SVP's and Executive Directors. Maintain a collaborative and pro-active communications with business partners while maintaining integrity and compliance with WBD accounting policies.
• Responsible for reinforcing the WBD Controllership culture through sponsorship and involvement in cross-department development and team-building programs. Provide leadership guidance and sponsorship to ad hoc and recurring Controllership improvement projects including software implementation, efficiency initiatives and process improvements
Qualifications & Experience
• Approximately 5+ years previous work experience in an accounting environment required.
• Public and/or private accounting experience required
• Financial closing, consolidations, reporting and planning experience
• Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and SOX requirements
• BS/BA in related discipline from an accredited university
• CPA required
• Strong US GAAP accounting knowledge with experience interpreting and implementing technical accounting guidance to non-routine transactions
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive, deadline-oriented.
• Initiative, independent problem-solving abilities, ownership of work product, and strong leadership qualities
• In-depth experience with process analysis and improvement.
• Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage the accounting activities for multiple diverse businesses.
• Strong execution skills, advanced analytical skills, and significant technical accounting skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
• Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Technical accounting research.
• Blend of both public and industry experience.
• AR Securitization and/or factoring experience preferred
• PeopleSoft Financials, Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
• Media industry.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwowz2-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.