Associate Editor, Collected Editions
Warner Bros. Discovery
Your New Role…
The Manager, Collected Editions Operations (DC Comics) is a key resource to centralize, organize, and communicate the overall Collected Editions publishing content strategy by ensuring that internal systems stay up to date. This position works with the Director, Collected Editions Operations to oversee freelance production editorial program and ensure that deadlines are met.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Manages the process of metadata setup and maintenance of all Collected Editions (CE) products in DC's internal tracking system Microsoft Navision.
• Ensures that all metadata and scheduling information for CE products is correct in internal systems and is communicated to external vendors on a weekly basis.
• Point person for CE products in monthly solicitation catalog – collaborates with multiple departments to ensure that metadata is correct and that all copy and art assets are delivered on schedule.
• In partnership with the Director, Collected Editions Operations, plans short- and long-term strategies when publishing burden exceeds internal/external resources. Evaluates scheduling peaks and troughs and recommend plan of action that will work for the needs of each title.
• Tracks allocation of all external production editorial resources being used to service the CE line. Ensures deadlines are met and work through any/all schedule conflicts. Verifies and approves invoices for payment.
• Supports the P&L/Greenlight process for CE products.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience…
• At least five years of work experience required.
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience required.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Cloud software (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully (both verbally and in writing) with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to organize and pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks and project elements simultaneously.
• Experience managing freelancers preferred.
• Experience managing processes and systems preferred.
• Knowledge of comic content, publishing industry practices, production in the digital environment, and proofing systems preferred.
• Experience with Navision and/or other SAP systems, as well as Monday.com and/or other workflow platforms preferred.
• Copywriting and/or editorial experience a plus.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $59,500.00 - $110,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7wwk6-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $59,500 to $110,500 Per Year ($ USD)