Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
At Warner Bros. Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world's most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
''THIS ROLE CAN BE REMOTE''
Your New Role...
The Lead Designer, UX Designer will work alongside our Product and Engineering teams on the development of the Player Network platform and own the design as it continues to grow. The role will also work with Studios to understand their needs and adapt the requirements accordingly.
Our ideal candidate is well-organized, an excellent listener, and thoughtful communicator who will leverage their existing expertise in multi-platform (Web, Mobile, Console) design to continuously improve the platform.
They will need to be able to work in a constantly changing, fast paced environment and must be able to adapt to new technologies and new ideas.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Gather, evaluate and prioritize user requirements, in collaboration with product managers, engineers, and game teams
• Direct and provide feedback to team designers
• Communicate design ideas using wireframes, storyboards, process flows and sitemaps as needed
• Present and sell designs and key milestone deliverables to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Effectively manage internal and external feedback
• Coordinate with Senior UX Designer to design graphical user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets as needed
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
Qualifications & Experience...
• 8+ years proven experience in UX design with a strong portfolio presenting wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
• Experience with front-end web technology, enough to create technically sound designs
• Experience designing for cross-platform systems (web, mobile)
• Experiencing designing for games
• Experience working with component based web frameworks like React or Angular
• Experience developing/creating design libraries
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Degree in Design, UI Design, Information Architecture, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent experience
• Excellent visual design skills
• Professional written communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient with standard design software such as Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch
• Good time-management skills and ability to self-manage effectively in a remote environment
• Proactive with a bias for action, pushing for clarity around ambiguous problems
• An eye for detail and a high bar for quality
• Experience with systems level thinking
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmqve6-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.