Our studios are considered one of the foremost motion picture and television production and post-production facilities in the world. They inform, engage, and transport audiences to new worlds. The key to that lies with our Studio Operations group, which includes areas like soundstage/backlot set rentals, events, design, culinary, construction, landscaping and much more. Whether it's hosting an unforgettable studio tour, creating an optimal workspace, or equipping talent to tell the best stories, these teams lay the foundation for the memorable experiences we provide.
Your New Role...
Join our dynamic facilities team where you'll be part of mainting the Studio and the Harry Potter Tour to the highest quality standards, making it an exceptional place to want to work.
What's in it for you?
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days holiday (pro-rata)
• GymPass or free access to our onsite gym
• Exclusive access to our Screeners App, with our exciting Warner Bros. and HBO content
• Staff discounts on Studio Tour tickets, retail, food and beverage
• Access to Friends and Family events
• Free onsite staff car parking
• Complimentary staff shuttle bus between Watford Junction and our Studio Tour
• Onsite staff Studio Café
• Option to join our pension and private healthcare schemes
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Carry out a vast variety of basic construction works (internal and external environments), across the entire site which covers the film studios and Harry Potter Tour.
• Working closely with multi-discipline teams within the Facilities department and other departments as well as supporting contractors employed within the studio as and when required.
• Monitor and sign off all tasks using the systems in place, ensuring the highest standard of work.
• Ensure all maintenance activities and procedures adhere to applicable health and safety legislation, policies, and best practise guidelines.
• Adhere to approved levels of conduct for work methodology within the team.
• Audit, review and manage all stock levels, receive deliveries and report to the maintenance manger with required orders.
Qualifications & Experience...
• Must hold a full UK driving license.
• Previous maintenance experience.
• Qualifications in one or more trades in construction.
• Understanding of COSHH and Health & Safety.
• Forklift truck certification - training will be given.
• Well organised and adaptable to change on a daily basis with good problem-solving skills.
• Able to work unsupervised and keep to deadlines in a pressurised, fast-paced environment.
• Understand the requirement for a quick turnaround without compromising standards.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable working in cross-functional teams.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working on own initiative and open to upskilling opportunities.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week on a rota shift pattern. You will also be required to work some bank holidays.
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200-acre secure site has half a million square feet of stage space, production offices and workshops together with an exterior filming tank, one of the largest indoor heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and a 100 acre back-lot.
WBSL has some of the largest sound stages in the UK and is proving to be a very popular facility for production clients. WB Leavesden Park, adjacent to the Studio, offers modern and flexible office space for Production Companies. The site also has its own, on-site Set Lighting & Rigging rental division, which provides the industry with state-of-the-art lighting equipment, scaffolding and production supplies for stage and location shoots. WB De Lane Lea based in Soho, London, provides state of the art facilities in audio post-production for feature films and television.
WBSL also have an onsite childcare facility available to WB employees and onsite productions called The WonderWorks and Zone10 - an onsite gym facility to support the physical and mental wellbeing of all our employees.
These facilities make Warner Bros. Entertainment the only Hollywood studio to own and operate a production and post-production facility in the UK.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pb25-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.