Highlights of the roles
The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations, and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure and where relevant you will escalate to Tier 2/Tier 3 engineers across the globe. This exciting new role has the scope for you to learn and progress into more technical roles within the GT&O teams.
Working as part of a team of Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 operators in our Krakow operations center, the role is responsible for monitoring and providing 1st line (Tier 1) support of Discovery's network, infrastructure, Digital, and Distribution Services across 50 offices and production centers globally.
This function supports the business 24 x 7 x 365. Post holders will be expected to work shifts including weekends and night shifts.
• Training on various tools and systems used in Tier 1 to monitor our production Infrastructure & Network, platforms such as Service Now, PagerDuty, SolarWinds, etc.
• Familiarize with different stakeholder functions supported by Tier 1 across the Discovery portfolio
• Assist Infrastructure Analysts with outage vetting and escalating to our Tier 1 and senior engineers
• Assist with writing of outage notifications, raising and managing tickets in ServiceNow, following Discovery's Incident Management process
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of department documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
• Previous experience working in IT is preferred.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, or similar computer software systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility to work early morning, evening, weekend, and overnight shifts.
• Works well under pressure.
• Completed or coursing a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1w3bv-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.