Warner Bros. Discovery is a global fast-paced entertainment and media company, which continues to grow around the world, as well as across emerging platforms.
The Technology Operations Center (TOC) department consists of several teams that work together with a one-team approach, as well as three locations (USA, UK, PL). We are the first point of contact, as well as owners of Major IT Incidents. This means Analysts within TOC teams are also responsible for initiating the Major IT Incident process and procedures, to support our Platform Infrastructure. TOC Teams: 1st Line Network/Platforms, 2nd Line (Network/Platforms/Cloud/Domain Mgmt), Digital Platform Support Operations, Distribution Operations.
About the Role
Reporting to a Duty Operations Manager, carrying out the responsibilities of an Incident Manager but also providing additional escalation support to the rest of the team based on expertise. The role holders will be a point of escalation for the Krakow teams, and will also be accountable for performing quality reviews, training, and development of the teams. This is a fast pace, ever-evolving role that is required to provide key support for the Duty Manager, running and participating in major Incidents, chairing and managing some of WBD's key event bridges but also being the main 'Go To' for engineers, and Duty managers. They must be able to cope well under pressure and provide mentoring to the rest of the team.
This function supports the business 24 x 7 x 365. Postholders will be expected to work shifts including weekends and night shifts.
• Aide and handle major incidents across all of WBD's platforms in line with the department's major incident management process.
• Responsible for performing quality reviews for the rest of the team.
• Ensure all logged incidents and client/production team queries are dealt with accordingly and within agreed SLAs daily.
• Work alongside Operations Managers to drive continual team process and skills improvement from feedback and analysis.
• Act as a super-user for new application/process onboardings, prepare detailed and clear documentation and then offload knowledge/process to the rest of the team.
• Assist the Operations Manager in defining, documenting, and maintaining the team's daily tasks/housekeeping.
• Deputize for Operations Manager when required.
• Carry out/oversee training for new starters/hires.
• Maintain team skills grids, ensuring staff are current and sufficiently prepared to support stakeholder requirements.
• Participate in post-incident analysis and documentation of the Correction of Error report.
• 1+ year of Incident Management experience. ITIL v.4 certificate is a must.
• Quality assurance experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Ability to lead staff during an incident and through to resolution.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
• Ability to deputize for Duty Ops Manager when needed.
• Ability to implement new processes and procedures, ensuring staff is properly trained.
• Ability to negotiate staffing requirements and schedules to ensure 24x7x365 business requirements are met.
Please be informed that we will consider applications only in English version.
• hybrid work model - 3 days from the office
• free access to player.pl and HBO Max
• benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, yoga, massages, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, Bridge learning platform, sharing sessions with experts
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• casual dress code
• parking space available for booking
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9n1ek-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.