Infrastructure Operations Engineer is monitoring and supporting Discovery's Global platform
infrastructure. Resources supporting this role are our Tier2 behind-the-scenes operations support team expected to have a versatile skill set both technically and personally with the ability to stay focused and continually develop as an experienced and skilled engineer. Reporting directly to and working with the IT Operations Manager and within a group of cross-technology Operations Engineers this role will need to have experience in leading difficult situations, staying calm, reacting quickly under pressure and being able to execute on the key responsibilities noted below. The Infrastructure Operations Engineer is also responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of infrastructure systems, and directs all aspects of an outage relating to the infrastructure and business applications Participates in the layout design and installation of new systems or modification of existing systems. Identifies and resolves existing system deficiencies.
Highlights of the roles
The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from
multiple disciplines to form a team capable of providing support to all WBD technical infrastructure and where relevant you will escalate to Tier 3 engineers across the globe. This exciting role has the scope for you to learn and progress into more complex engineering roles in the GT&O teams.
Working as part of a team of Tier 2 Operations Engineers and Cloud Engineers in our Krakow
operations center, the role is responsible for providing support for 1st line (Tier 1) team & support of WBD's infrastructure maintenance, troubleshooting, Provisioning and Deprovisioning across multiple technology disciplines (VDI, Windows, Linux, DNS)
The work is in Hybrid mode - 3days office / 2 days Home. The contract is in equivalent mode of
employment - at the moment team works in 8/5 but it may be a subject to change with Big Brand
Events going to 24/7
• Act as the initial point of escalation for the L1 team for all technical issues/queries.
• Aid in troubleshooting of critical issues detected across the company infrastructure
• Maintenance of Company infrastructure
• Identify, adjust, and establish new monitors and metrics needs
• Work alongside Managers to drive continual team process and skills improvement from
feedback and analysis.
• Act as a super-user for new application/process onboardings, prepare detailed and clear
documentation and then offload knowledge/process to the rest of the team.
• Assist the Operations Manager in defining, documenting, and maintaining the team's daily
• Carry out/oversee training for new starters/hires.
• Serve as a liaison between other support teams and the customer as required by working
collaboratively across all leadership levels
• Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations requiring multiple
streams of technical lead support
• Creation & maintenance of Operation Procedures
• The candidate must have the right to work in Poland to participate in the recruitment
• Knowledge and experience working with network management tools such as configuration
management, network health check tools, log collectors is a plus.
• Experience using Solarwinds, Dataminer, and other monitoring systems.
• 2+ year of Windows Administration or LinuxAdministration (having both is an asset)
• 1 + years of Experience with Virtualization (Experience with VMware Horizon is desired)
• Experience with ITIL principles.
• Experience as L2 support agent in Service desk function is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or
Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
• Ability to lead staff during an incident and through to resolution.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to implement new processes and procedures, ensuring staff is properly trained.
• Certifications in OS administration, Cloud or Virtualization are an asset
Please be informed that we will consider applications only in the English version.
• Contract of employment
• Free access to player.pl and HBO Max
• Benefit package: private medical health care, life insurance, MyBenefit cafeteria including sport card, social funds, retirement pension plans, recognition platform, employee referral program
• Work-life balance initiatives: wellbeing platform, yoga, massages, educational webinars, Employee Assistance Program, internal media initiatives
• Training & development: sharing the cost of English lessons, Employee Resource Groups, e-learning platform, sharing sessions with experts, periodic movie shows in the office cinema room
• CSR activities: volunteering, eco & social initiatives
• Casual dress code
• Parking space available for booking
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbyq06-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.