Warner Bros. Discovery's (''WBD'') legal team is seeking a bright, highly motivated individual to provide legal support to its Asia Pacific business. This individual will work with the Legal department dealing with distribution and ad sales agreements, as well as other corporate and intellectual property initiatives. The successful candidate will be a well-organised, self-driven, team player, preferably with experience and background in television broadcast and/or the digital media industry.
This role will primarily support Australia and New Zealand markets but may also cover other territories within the Asia-Pac region. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has worked for a couple of years in a In House or Private Practice and is looking for their next opportunity
• Draft, review and advise on channel and content distribution contracts with platform operators and digital retailers of WBD channels in Australia and New Zealand, including distribution of content via mobile telephone, VOD and online & streaming platforms.
• Draft, review and advise on advertising sales sponsorship contracts and advertising sales representative agreements
• Draft, review and advise on broadcast origination, transmission & uplink, IT, research, marketing, inter-company and administrative services related agreements.
• Provide expert guidance and advice on general corporate matters and work with third party service providers on corporate secretarial matters to ensure compliance with corporate processes and laws and regulations of the territories in which the group conducts business, and requirements required of a subsidiary of a US listed entity
• Review and advise on other licensing agreements and contract related matters.
• Oversee litigation and other contentious issues such as intellectual property disputes, piracy (issuance of cease and desist letters, online piracy surveillance) and bad debt collection in ANZ region
• Assist and support Legal Department on staying updated on regulatory issues in ANZ
• Qualified lawyer with relevant experience, preferably in the television broadcast, digital or entertainment industry, or a blue-chip law firm.
• Knowledge of and interest in JV management, mergers and acquisitions would be an advantage. Working knowledge of contract law; familiarity with copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law.
• Excellent written communication and drafting skills in English; robust contract/corporate/company secretarial knowledge
• Strong interpersonal skills, including clear, open, and effective communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to be able to function largely autonomously with minimal supervision and manage time effectively and judiciously to meet deadlines, recognising priorities, and deal effectively with the competing interests of several different individuals/departments, and able to assess and balance legal risk against business interests
• Business oriented commercial mindset with a flexible, practical problem solving approach
• Mature, level-headed and calm disposition
• Confident, sociable and approachable.
• Strong stakeholder management abilities, can manage difficult conversations with professionalism and ease.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83pex-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.