Your New Role...
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world . We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. With our consumer and facts-first strategy, we're developing new platforms and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers.
Your Role Accountabilities...
The Floor Director is responsible for managing the studio floor during studio tapings and live programming.
• Work closely with show Director communicating directions, timing cues and instructions to talent and g uests as well as studio crew.
• Coordinate all movement of people and equipment in and out of the studio during production.
• Preproduction responsibilities include : participating in production meetings, turning on and checking signal on all monitoring and display devices, assisting director with camera blocking and placement, alerting scenic of set changes during production.
• Manage needs of talent on set, making sure they are fully prepared for air.
• Document studio technical and scenic set-up for each production.
• Handle audio re sponsibilities on set as needed and assist lighting with troubleshooting any issues on set.
• Must be able to manage and communicate clearly with a studio audience.
• One of the keys to our success is the clo s e-knit nature of the working relationship within our control room and studio crews and with their managers, directors, and p roducers .
• CNN is a 24/7 news
operation and this position may include working on weekend shows .
Qualifications & Experience...
-5 years experience in a facility (network, station, production house) engaged in multiple camera production
• Experience working with talent, guests and audiences preferred
• Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player
• Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
• Must be available to work weekends and travel for show production as needed.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $67,486.00 - $125,330.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvvnk0-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.