Your New Role:
Warner Bros. Discovery seeks a Financial Analyst for the Financial Contracts Reporting & Administration Participations department. The FCRA Participations department handles contractual reporting to talent and co-production companies on all of Warner Bros. Discovery film, television, home entertainment, games, and new media libraries. It's an exciting, fast paced organization that provides a unique opportunity to learn many aspects of the company---from production to initial film release through all downstream channels of distribution. FCRA provides excellent opportunities to learn the entertainment industry and offers a robust year-round training program.
The Financial Analyst position is responsible for preparing and reviewing participations statements. This position reviews and understands contractual agreements, ensuring that all financial obligations are met. Additionally, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for enhancing departments systems and tools through involvement in system design and testing; and improving business processes.
Your Role Accountabilities:
• Prepare participations statements, leveraging a new state-of-the-art Participations system, WB's enterprise SAP platform, existing tools, and analytical methodologies. Read and understands abstracts, legal agreements, and other related written documentation. Perform first level review of statements prepared by other Analysts and provide feedback to preparers to make changes and correct errors, as needed.
• Perform current and historical data analysis and verify that reporting is in accordance with contractual agreements. The analysis work takes into consideration the windowing and release patterns of film/television/other product, distribution cost trends analysis, etc. Research abnormalities using SAP and/or other line-of-business components to review underlying transactional activity.
• Support ad-hoc and special projects, including, but not limited to presentations to management and staff, buyout calculations, etc.
• Identify improvements and enhancements related to FCRA's participations system and participate in system testing.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 1 - 2 years previous experience in a finance, accounting, auditing or IT environment a plus (internships in a relevant field considered).
• Participations and/or entertainment industry experience strongly preferred.
• Business analyst or financial analyst experience a plus.
• Public or private audit and/or consulting experience a plus.
• Knowledge of GAAP vs. cash-based accounting principles a plus.
• Experience with system implementations and testing a plus.
• Bachelor's degree required. (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or Information Systems preferred)
• Strong to expert competency with MS Excel and Word, and PowerPoint required.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Must be able to read and understand legal agreements.
• Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks effectively, efficiently, with flexibility to changing priorities.
• Must be a team player with high-level of interpersonal skills and customer-focus.
• Must be a quick learner who is results-oriented.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, union status, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4qk97-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.