This individual will be primarily responsible for:
• Leading the assigned Revenue area month-end close and related reporting
• Ensuring all accounting activity is properly documented and in accordance with internal policy
• Documenting and continuously improving processes.
• Ad hoc travel between EMEA offices may be required.
• Prepare and/or record Revenue Accounting entries to the general ledger (G/L) for month-end closing. This will include recording of revenue, contra revenue, transactions in multiple currencies, unbilled revenue, deferred revenue, accounting and reporting issues.
• Prepare and ensure all documentation for G/L entries meets company policy and Sox compliance and is properly maintained.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure G/L information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable. Ensure all relevant account reconciliations are prepared and reviewed monthly.
• Assist with internal and external audit work, including coordinating the Revenue Accounting request list and Sox testing with the auditors.
• Prepare, edit, and update documentation for EMEA Revenue accounting and compliance process manual.
• Apply knowledge of the fundamental tasks in order to continuously recommend and implement process improvements.
• Lead cross department meetings, prepare agendas, schedule meetings, document and track action items. Escalate issues as appropriate.
• Perform special or routine projects or duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate full ownership and completion of tasks. Effectively and independently manage deadlines and multiple and conflicting priorities.
• Work closely and collaboratively with other teams (billing, collections, FP&A and local business/sales team). Help create a culture of open communication and information transparency.
• Learn the functionality of the Revenue billing systems, AFS, Corporate Billing, BTS, Landmark, Mydas, IBMS and the affiliate/ad sales revenue process.
• Validate and approve invoices after checks for compliance with the contract and its subsequent implication on revenue recognition.
• Generate regular analysis and ad hoc reporting, communicate findings cross-departmentally.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting.
• More than 3 years of finance and accounting and reporting experience.
• Experience with enterprise information systems, SAP a strong plus and preferred.
• Understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP with focus on understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP for revenue recognition
• Knowledge of media / entertainment industry preferred.
• Superior ability to organize, analyze and concisely present oral and written communication.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, Excel in particular.
• High integrity individual. Critical thinker and extremely detail-oriented.
• Motivated by challenging, high-energy, flexible environment.
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work well with others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues and articulate findings.
• Legal right to work in India with English language fluency.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2pm0-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.