The Director, Retention Analytics and Optimization plays an integral role in the execution of the Retention and Engagement strategy. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to enablement of analytics, audience solutions and strategic optimization of retention and engagement initiatives within the R&E Latam team. The Retention Analytics and Optimization Director will lead a team of strategists and analytics managers who are responsible for business analytics, channel performance analytics and audience planning.
The candidate will be working closely with data and marketing teams to articulate company needs and represent the users' behaviors and interests as well as with other areas such as product, editorial, payments, finance, BI and other marketing groups. The ideal candidate will be highly data guided, knowledgeable of advanced analytics with a strong business acumen. Exhibits a strong sense of ownershi p and a solid ability to influence and obtain necessary buy-ins from multiple stakeholders.
• Leads a team of analytics professionals with a hands-on approach while nurturing team members' growth
• Leads and support, in collaboration with company data teams, the development of analytics dashboards as well as CRM channel performance analytics
• Guides strategic retention and engagement optimization across different business levers (retention, engagement, LTV, product usage and churn) through analytics, ad-hoc deep dives and audience understanding
• Works closely with company data teams to identify R&E and overall latam needs, collecting business requirements, helping define data structures and guiding data and analytics output
• Leads the implementation of R&E Latam experimentation framework through proper and advanced A/B and multivariate testing
• Defines and manages the implementation of audience frameworks of existing subs, leads and lapsed users by leveraging existing data sets, by managing audience tools, by identifying untapped opportunities and by helping define custom attributes and custom events
• Defines and manages CRM channel and campaign performance frameworks, assisting and guiding metadata and tagging schemas to adhere to local, regional and global standards
• Partners with Data Science teams to adapt existing ML models for local needs and to help develop new models that would drive better retention and over higher product and content engagement
• Represents R&E team in different business environments at multiple levels, QBR, monthly readouts and others, influencing cross-functionally through data and empathy
• leverages multiple quantitative and qualitative data sources to turn data into actionable insights and ensures such actions are executed, monitored and tracked
• 7-10 years of experience in data and analytics, marketing and/or project management, business preferably in a media company and advertising agency
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Management, Business,, Digital Marketing; Master's preferred
• Experience with analytics platforms platforms such as Adobe, Conviva, Amplitude, Google Analytics
• Experience working with advanced data analytics platforms such as Amplitude, Tableau, Looker, Snowflake, RedShift, mParticle, Segment, Python, Java, and SQL
• Experience with video streaming or subscriptions services
• Experience with CRM (email) platforms and marketing performance platforms such as Braze, PostUp, Adobe
• Strong business acumen and proven aptitude for analytical and conceptual problem solving; comfort with quantitative analysis, including leveraging multiple sources of data
• Knowledge and strong interest in pop culture, media and entertainment (TV, music, arts.)
• Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Trello, Jira, Monday, Aha, others
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite or Google Drive Suite such Power Point / Slides, Excel / Sheets, Keynotes, others
• Experience using A/B testing to optimize and refine programs
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills - particularly within large organizations
• Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese and English is a must
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, union status, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d547q3-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.