Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines Warner Media's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com.
Meet Our Team:
The Global QA team helps to span development, execution and reporting on various test activities as it relates to the Global Warner Bros. Discovery product. They will be responsible for technology, tools, automation initiatives as it relates to QA activities working with Frontend Client and Backend service teams spread across US / EMEA / APAC teams. The Quality Engineering (QE) team enables the Test Engineering and Software Development teams to make improvements to QA automation activities as we scale our global platform.
Role & Responsibilities
An ideal candidate will be an established leader that takes a hands-on approach with deep understanding of QA test activities, QA metrics working with Engineering, QA, Release mgmt and Program teams. The candidate will lead and grow the QE team that is composed of QA managers, Software Developers, Test Automation Engineers and TPM across various locations. The candidate will have a strong shift-left mindset driven by data and enabling teams to improve product quality at scale. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members.
What you'll do:
• Build platform-based workflows, tools, process and automation to deliver QA-aaS offering
• Evangelize and drive adoption of best practices in code health, quality, test automation, reusability, maintainability, and reliability
• Lead the strategy, planning and design/architecture of software solutions, and the refinement of existing frameworks, processes, and tools
• Instill a culture of innovation in Software Quality Engineering space through a shift-left mindset, improving developer productivity, continuous improvements and embracing industry trends
• Implement and operate large scale test automation frameworks across test environments for high volume of concurrent test activities
• Build and manage a team of high-performing engineers and managers. Ensure retention through challenging professional opportunities and career growth prospects
What to bring:
• 12+ years of relevant experience in architecture, design, deployment and operations of large-scale test automation services such as test case mgmt., test data mgmt., test execution, device farm, test metrics and analytics
• 8+ year's experience working across multi-disciplinary global teams across client-side frontend and backend services. Familiarity with various clients such as iOS, Android, Roku, Fire TV, etc preferred.
• Successful track record of instrumenting tools, Test automation and processes at scale for frontend and backend QA activities (Unit, Integration, User journey, Load, Payment testing)
• Deep understanding of QA automation workflows, CICD release pipelines, test environments across multiple products and release within an agile development framework.
• Be hands-on, have the ability to deep dive and engage in deep technical discussions.
• Strong data driven decision-making mindset with experience in establishing high bar for bug mgmt. and triage as it relates to releasing high quality products into production
• Experience driving change throughout the product, engineering, QA, operations functional areas.
• Progressive ideas into the organization that improves engineering productivity and quality of the product.
• Understanding complexity and ability to simplify process, tools and automation to enable feature velocity without losing quality.
• Ability to work across other platform teams that integrate with release tooling pipelines for instrumenting execution of automated testing and deployments.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
• Excellent written communication, problem solving, process management, cross-team collaboration and high customer empathy.
• Strive in a culture of innovation – always exploring ways to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone.
• Comfort in handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong ability to influence teams and groups outside your wider organization with your deep insight and strategic thinking.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work.
• Equal opportunity employer.
• Fast track growth opportunities.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $181,797 - $337,623 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxzxpq-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.