The CNN Revenue and Growth Product team is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our Ad Experience product t eam , a newly formed team that is responsible for partnering with
our a d vertising and r evenue teams to identify new revenue
opportunities and develop
our next generation of advertising experiences. CNN has ambitious digital revenue goals , and we need a motivated product leader to lead this team and hel p build a best-in-class advertising experience that g enerate s significant incremental revenue for CNN . The Ad Experience t eam is part of the CNN Revenue and Growth Product team – a cross functional team that develops products, user experiences and capabilities to drive user engagement , registered user growth and new revenue
The Ad Experience t eam 's mission is to grow our digital advertising revenue while delivering respectful and relevant advertising experiences for our users and advertisers . As the leader of this team, y ou will work closely with advertising, business development and product teams from WBD and CNN to identify new advertising and revenue
opportunities, then bring these strategies to life with your engineering and design partners . Y ou will consider the needs
of our external advertisers, internal stakeholders and our users to inform both the near-term prioritization of the roadmap and the long-term vision for our advertising experience . You will lead and grow a team of curious and passionate product managers, instilling in them a sense of urgency and a commitment to leveraging data and customer insight s . You will be a tireless advocate for
our users and will push your team to create the best advertising experience for our users that reflect s the CNN brand and also enab le s long-term advertising revenue growth for CNN .
• Vision and Strategy: Collaborate with the advertising sales and operations, revenue operations, business development, and product teams to develop a unified product vision and strategy for CNN's next generation digital advertising experiences on web, mobile app and connected tv devices. This vision will include opportunities to generate incremental revenue from existing advertising products as well as recommendations for innovative new ad vertising experiences and revenue initiatives .
• Roadmap and Execution:
Own the advertising experience product roadmap. Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize short and long-term
opportunitie s - balancing the needs of our external advertisers , internal stakeholders and our users. L ead a cross-functional team to deliver against this roadmap and when necessary, work with
other WBD ad vertising and produ c t teams to ensure they are prioritizing product and platform work to support the ad vertising experience roadmap.
• Team leadership. Build, manage and empower a high performing and innovative product team. Set and track clear
OKRs that support CNN's company-wide goals. Implement an effective organizational structure that balances process, accountability and transparency with product velocity and innovation .
• Stakeholder management: Own stakeholder management for the Ad Experience team's initiatives across CNN and WBD. Regularly communicate the vision, strategy and roadmap with executive leadership a nd ensure your stakeholders are aligned
on our strategy and kept engaged through the process.
• User Advoca te: Consistently advocate for our users and e nsure user needs and the user experience are represented across advertising products . Work with data and research teams to measure the impact of CNN's advertising
on the user experience .
• Advertising Sector Expertise: Monitor advertising industry trends and best practices among digital publishers . Ensure your team develops deep domain and platform expertise and work closely with the WBD advertising technology teams to leverage best in class advertising capabilities.
• Data and Insights. Use q ualitative and quantitative data analysis to measure how each initiative impacts the user experience and revenue . Use these insight s and a data driven approach to guide our testing roadmap and to improve the relevancy and effectiveness of our advertising experience for our users and our advertisers.
• 8+ years of product management experience, with a preference for experience building consumer facing advertising products and working with a variety of advertising formats and technologies.
• Deep expertise with product management processes and best practices including agile methodologies, techniques for identifying customer needs, hypothesis-driven roadmaps, prototyping, AB testing and user-centered design.
• Strong analytical skills and a solid track record
of developing product strategies to solve complex user and business needs
• Extensive e xperience in the advertising space and strong working knowledge of digital advertising technologies (DMPs, DSPs SSPs, advertising servers, first party data tools ), industry trends, best practices and capabilities.
• Experience growing and managing a team of product managers, setting clear expectations, and coaching them along the way.
• Proven ability to motivate, lead and collaborate with a large set of diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
• Experience using data, user research and insights (including advertising revenue metrics, customer satisfaction scores, web/mobile analytics and user research ) to inform product strategies and make prioritization decisions.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skill s
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qw2e-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.