Warner Bros. Discovery
I. JOB POSTING DESCRIPTION
Please only copy the left column when copying into Workday Job Description.
Your New Role…
This position has dual responsibilities;
1. On-site oversight of the Local Hyderabad based COE FP&A resources reporting to SVP, COE FP&A International based in Atlanta
2. Supports the APAC CFO Finance Organization, driving Financial Reporting across WBD Networks Business
Your Role Accountabilities…
On-site Oversight of Hyderabad based COE FP&A team
• Work with GBS and COE leadership on executing transition plans, leveraging both regional experiences and functional finance process knowledge to influence the outcome Scope to include:
o Recruiting and onboarding guidance and support
o Coordination of technology and real estate needs
o Operating norms
• Oversee the ongoing development of the team including professional and people skills, knowledge of the business and team engagement
• Partner with COE leadership, the GBS transformation team and others to ensure smooth transition execution of key initiatives
Supporting the APAC CFO Finance Organization - Networks
• Act as a point of contact for the regional CFO and Finance leads on reporting and related matters.
• Serve as a liaison between segment finance, corporate finance, shared services Accounting and GBS teams, specifically related to the monthly close process. Ensure issues are resolved, and business matters are communicated timely.
• Collaborate with regional CFO teams and Strategic Finance on forecast and budget process and deliverables including target tracking and gap reporting.
• Oversee the reporting function responsible for producing timely and accurate financial results, including consolidated reporting and variance analysis, and communication of actual to forecast results to finance leadership.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly reporting deliverables.
• Drive process improvement initiatives and take a leadership role in implementing process and reporting changes required by the organization. Propose changes to the reporting as appropriate to maintain the relevance of the information presented.
• Manage and mentor direct report(s)
• Foster collaboration within Team (LOB APAC), COE FP&A Teams as well as across all other functions, eg: Controllership, Tax etc
Qualifications & Experience…
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Minimum of 15+ years relevant work experience with at least 7 years demonstrated experience in a leadership / management position
• Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. accounting, finance); Master's degree in a related field (e.g. MBA) a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, financial planning, analysis and reporting concepts and EPM tools and processes. A solid understanding of accounting principles, and internal control concepts. Experience in project management and process improvement.
• An experienced people leader with proven results in building and developing teams. Strong written, oral and presentation skills; effective communicator at all levels of the organization; ability to influence others.
• High level of executive presence with strong interpersonal and problem resolution skills, and a high degree of integrity, tact and diplomacy.
• Active communicator, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization and across multiple locations.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please explain in specific detail the main responsibilities of this position. Explain not only what is done, by why it is done (and/or for whom). Also include examples and note tools or equipment used to accomplish the duty. % time spent
On-site Oversight of Hyderabad based COE FP&A team 50%
Supporting the APAC CFO Finance Organization - Networks 50%
Where applicable, provide information about the size of the organization managed, operating budget, revenue accountability, or other quantitative data pertinent to this position QUANTITATIVE INFORMATION
IV. DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
If this job has managerial or supervisory responsibilities, please check all that apply.
Input Into Recommendation Makes Recommendation Has Final
Approval Not Applicable
0Setting work goals, objectives and standards to be achieved 0
0Establishing work unit budget 0
0Approving unbudgeted expenditures 0
0Approves salary changes for employees 0
0Counsels and disciplines employees 0
0Authorizing promotion, demotions or discharges 0
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7w3n8-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.