Your New Role...
As a Commercial Controller (Amazon), you will be directly responsible for the 'Physical Home Entertainment' offering within Amazon, alongside leading the cross divisional Amazon team – ensuring full visibility performance and best-in-class set up across all Warner Bros. Discovery business areas. This will involve liaison and alignment with stakeholders across Games, Consumer Products, Digital Home Entertainment, and all marketing functions.
You will develop customer relationships that deliver commercial advantage for WBD. You will be responsible for the management, planning and delivery of effective sales strategies that meet revenue and profit targets – evolving our thinking, and making recommendations within the changing commercial scope of the Amazon business.
You will be the Amazon expert! Demonstrating a constant in–depth understanding of their business, offering insights and suggestions that add value to the way our product is represented; maximising efficiencies and overall benefit for WBD.
In addition to all of the above, it is important to note, this is a strategic lead role. You will be expected to continually evaluate the right commercial trading relationship with Amazon. You will make recommendations on the right level of AVS investment; you will drive new and innovative ways of thinking when it comes to 1P vs 3P options; you will have recommendations on how we best maximise the Amazon European team set up and WBD's proposition within that; you will be the lead internal voice on our strategic direction when it comes to brand / franchise presence……and that's just the beginning!
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Sell & negotiate volume, display, co-op, & commercial terms for each individual physical home entertainment release to Amazon (for all WBD titles, as well as partner titles as relevant)
• Full ownership of Home Entertainment trading terms to deliver annual profitability targets
• Not only will you effectively sell in all WBD catalogue campaigns (to meet sell out and market share targets), but you will play a key role in developing incremental campaigns and product offerings
• Leverage relationship, product breadth and insight to develop new opportunities for incremental contribution
• Develop strategies to leverage cross functional strength of WBD; working across other business leads to develop trading strategies through creation & successful sell-in of joint business plans (JBP) to achieve annual fiscal targets and long-term objectives – ensuring not only that we are maximizing commercial opportunities for today, but also setting us up for the future
• In addition to the product that will be developed market wide, you will also lead the thinking behind exclusive sku developments, and possible pan-Euro thinking for Home Entertainment with Amazon. Utilising their retail set up to the advantage of WBD.
• Forecast all volume, revenue & contribution at SKU & promotion level as required.
• Monitor and control co-op expenditure within agreed budget, optimizing investment against business development activities and opportunities.
• Work with internal business units to proactively identify gaps within annual business plan & develop gap-fill plans accordingly.
• Ensure 'Pre' and 'post' activity analysis is completed, with recommendations to drive growth, address potential shortfall, and rectify.
• Monitor and report sales performance, competitor initiatives and market / customer trends
• Demonstrate expertise and leadership across a 'virtual' Amazon team – where all team members work within different business units with different priorities.
• Ensure that you are working with direct and in-direct teams in a positive and collaborative style, appropriately challenging and feeding back as necessary.
• You will also line manage one colleague. In addition, you will lead, coach, mentor & motivate the best Amazon team in Entertainment!
Qualifications & Experience...
• Retail literate: sound grasp of the UK market. Not only understanding Amazon, but also the competitor set within which they operate. This doesn't only include Entertainment retailers, but all key relevant retailers.
• Commercial Acumen & Retail Operational Experience: A sound understanding of how to maximise our revenue (and contribution) potential through the UK's largest retailer. You will fully understand Amazons' operational models; as well as sales, stock & margin importance
• Financial Planning: An ability to build revenue forecasts 'bottom up'. Establishing and gaining engagement for a meaningful Amazon JBP, identifying opportunities and product gaps which could be deployed to maximise our potential within this retailer. You will have a proven ability to organize and analyze data and information and develop actionable recommendations
• Strategic Planner: proven planning ability, with a vision for the future. You should be able to develop plans and strategies – engage others on them and execute them with excellence. A methodical approach and attention to detail are also important.
• Self-Starter: Solid degree of personal energy, motivation, and 'push'. Ambition and drive to succeed and to drive progress. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to work well under time constraints, changing schedules or priorities. Must be able to work independently and not only meet deadlines, but to establish them – whilst bringing others with you to achieve them
• Excellent interpersonal skills: A strong communicator able to influence stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
• Operational excellence: must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively. There is a rrequirement to 'roll your sleeves up' and make sure that the operational elements of a plan are executed faultlessly.
• Strong presentation skills: commanding presence and excellent presentation skills. Polish and tact needed as prerequisites.
• Proven negotiation and influencing skills: must be assertive and confident, and able to sell ideas and concepts. To win in the future, we need to be able to maximise the potential across the entire WBD portfolio. To enable this across a very broad retail offering will take exceptionally strong negotiation and influencing skills.
**Current Warner Bros. Discovery employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity.**
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pn56-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.