Founded in 2009, Warner Bros. International Television Production (WBITVP) produces local scripted and non-scripted programming through its network of local production operations of 20 production companies in 15 territories.
Across the UK - Wall To Wall, Twenty Twenty, and Ricochet. In Europe - France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Finland, Norway, Denmark & Sweden, and in Australia and New Zealand.
WBITVP's production operations are responsible for original programming, as well as local versions of formats owned and/or controlled by the Warner Bros. Television Group, such as First Dates, Who Do You Think You Are?, The Bachelor, Cash or Trash, F Boy Island, The Repair Shop, Mental Samurai and Impractical Jokers. Scripted series include Cold Case, Nip/Tuck, The Following, Gossip Girl, The O.C., E.R, The Mentalist and Pretty Little Liars. Where WBITVP has no local production capability, it licenses Warner Bros. formats to third parties.
WBITVP represents formats from a number of international third-party production companies and broadcasters such as North South Productions, Hungry Bear, Radio Karate, 3Ball Entertainment, The Format People, TV Asahi, Nippon TV and CBC Canada. WBITVP's production companies also produce third-party shows from partners including CJENM, All3 Media, MBC, Primitives, CBS/Viacom, BBC Studios.
• ITVP Operations manages the strategic and day to day operations of the ITVP Opcos from the headquarters in London.
• Responsible for all non creative business management of the Opcos, Operations helps the Opcos to achieve their business targets through sharing of best practice and advising on key business decisions. This includes work around production margins, monetisation of commercial opportunities, advising on optimal organisational structure.
• In addition, Operations is the main point of interaction between the Opcos and WBD corporate functions. When Opcos need input or approvals from HR, Corporate Legal, Real Estate, MIS this is facilitated through Operations.
Your New Role…
• As a key member of the small Operations team, this role comprises both providing support on management of the Opcos plus a more project-based business development role.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Support EVP, Head of International Production, SVP Finance and Operations and VP Business Management in new business initiatives and development of existing ones. This can include:
• Help to identify and analyse opportunities for business growth (including M&A, JVs, start ups).
• In new markets to be involved in the set up or acquisition of new companies including liaising with key corporate functions within WBD to ensure the most desirable corporate set up and processes going forwards.
• Creation of strategic documents to support ITVP plans for growth.
• Supporting key ITVP wide initiatives including production margin analysis, low margin policy, group policies, and others as they arise.
• Supporting the Operations team in the daily management of the Opcos.
• Leading the sustainability project for ITVP including developing central initiatives and managing and co ordinating the Opco activities in this area.
Skills & Experience…
• Strong analytical and financial skills, especially in the area of M&A and P&L analysis.
• Strong presentational skills both in terms of creating materials and speaking.
• Ability to manage MD level staff to ensure the smooth running of Opcos.
• Investment banking or management consulting background would be beneficial.
• Experience of TV production business desirable.
• Lanuages would be an advantage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wxb9-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.