Your New Role…
CNN is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst who will be instrumental in fostering a culture of data informed decision-making. This individual should be self-motivated, work well independently and as part of a team, and be passionate about what he or she does. The BI Analyst will create analytic solutions, onboard new data sets and breakdown and organize data to deliver business insights to help drive our business forward.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Run daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting to help better inform business stakeholder decision making, proactively follow up with appropriate teams when data is outside of established thresholds, make recommendations based on business insights.
• Define and validate data by working with business partners to ensure data quality and alignment with enterprise data security, governance and best-practices.
• Work with internal and external data partners to process, organize, and connect various data sources, ranging from 1 st -party data sets to 3 rd -party partner data.
• Develop a deep understanding of the data and seasonal trends to determine the difference between actual performance issues and data integrity errors.
• Monitor KPIs to Identify key areas for improvements such as audience, acquisition, behavior, conversions, and content optimizations.
• Partner with stakeholders to develop dynamic self-service dashboards and foster a culture of data informed programming and editorial decision making.
Qualifications & Experience…
• 1-3 years of related experience.
• Experience in data/analytics or related field
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience with BI tools ( e.g. Looker, Domo, Tableau, etc.)
• Familiarity with SQL, Python, database, table design, joins, data aggregation, data validation, etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with providing data requirements while working with structured and unstructured data sets
• Logical thinker who is able to identify , articulate, and resolve data related issues
• A self-starter who is passionate about getting data, using data, making sense of data, and helping others benefit from making analytics driven decisions
• BA/BS degree in Business, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or
other related quantitative field
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $71,260.00 - $132,340.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q0z7-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.