Full Time Job
Business Analyst - IT
Warner Bros. Discovery
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the lifecycle of one or more software solutions within the business domain. This includes creating and prioritizing product and business requirements and working closely with business and technology teams to ensure business stakeholder and end user satisfaction goals are met. He or she will create and develop requirements and concepts for product enhancements in support of business and technology needs. This position provides a wide variety of services to our business users including business analysis and quality assurance, in support of strategic and tactical planning of systems features / functionality as well as day to day business operations.
The role also entails Project Management for software releases and managing of SOX processes and documentation.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Serve as primary contact to the business for the support and development of software solutions provided by the current vendors.
• Manage business and functional requirements for one or more business solutions related to Ad Sales and Research operations.
• Deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting systems and software for internal customers, such as operations, development, and business units.
• Manage relationships with multiple business organizations, global technology groups and 3rd party software vendors including: facilitating requirement and design workshops, reviewing designs, test plans and test cases; reviewing vendor deliverables and schedules; managing quality or delivery issues with the vendor; coordinating end user testing and sign-off for in-house and vendor deliverables.
• Prioritize enhancement requests with other change requests to improve system reliability and performance and reduce maintenance.
• Ensure compliance with Discovery's Software Development Lifecycle documentation and mandated compliance requirements for all application changes.
• Assist in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house training programs and related courseware.
• Participate in assessment and feasibility studies of available technologies and recommend solutions.
• Work independently under minimal supervision.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent degree/work experience.
• Experience supporting technology solutions in a Media industry organization.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience with mid to large-scale software development projects – understanding all phases of systems development.
• Strong prioritization and organization skills.
• Strong presentation and communication skills; excellent listening skills, ability to interface with business customers at all levels of the organization.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent people skills – negotiation, conflict resolution, providing direction and focus.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time with minimal supervision and to ensure that overall priorities are being met.
• Proven ability to successfully operate within, and contribute to, a high growth, entrepreneurial, fast paced business and matrix environment.
• Must have the legal right to work in Italy.
• Experience in Air-Time Sales and Research business areas and respective applications essential.
• Formal Business Analysis Training desirable.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy11ek-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.