Your New Role...
The Broadcast & IT Support Engineer possesses knowledge necessary to perform maintenance, installation, and occasional board and/or component level repair of broadcast and IT equipment in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
Your Role Accountabilities
• The Broadcast & IT Support Engineering position requires a wide range of technical and personal skills necessary to perform maintenance, installation, board and/or some component level repair of broadcast and IT equipment in a fast-paced broadcast production environment.
• In-house broadcast production support of live and recorded programming requires system knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes:
• Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers)
• Production systems (A/V routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems.
• Understanding of Cloud Computing & Virtual Private Cloud is a plus.
• Strong baseline IT and data networking knowledge to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure is desired.
• An understanding of SMPTE 2110 is helpful.
• Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
• Occasional opportunities to support CNN remotely such as at the UN, NYSE, Election coverage, etc.
• This position will primarily provide facility-based broadcast support.
• Daily use of a supporting ticketing system to log and track support issues.
• A willingness to learn and perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position. We expect our BIT support engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service.
• Great communication skills (verbal, written) are essential.
• Shift work on a rotating schedule is mandatory to meet the needs of our customers specifically the early morning shift.
Qualifications & Experiences….
• BSEE, BSCE, Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
• Experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment. Entry Level candidates encouraged to apply.
• Experience and knowledge of television or multimedia production workflows.
• Familiarity with basic server, network operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
• Ability to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments this will include support for the overnight 3:00a M-F shift.
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and climbing ladders for equipment and cable installation assignments.
• Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems.
• Willingness to learn Warner Bros. Discovery proprietary equipment and applications.
• Understanding and knowledge of Autocad.
• Experience with MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of Visio
• Knowledge of computer desktop hardware/applications and data networking
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $83,079.00 - $154,290.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn50w3-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.